Feb 11, 2014, 2:51 AM EDT
There are still a lot of questions to be answered.
An SUV registered to former NBA All-Star and Champion Ben Wallace reportedly has been involved in a hit-and-run incident.
Police sources said an SUV belonging to former Detroit Piston and Virginia Union basketball star Ben Wallace crashed into a fence outside a home in Henrico County early Saturday morning.
Silverio Acosta said he dialed 911 after he heard a loud boom around 2 a.m. at his home off Gaskins Rd. near Peppertree Dr. When Acosta went outside to see what happened, he found pieces of his fence, which butts up to Gaskins Rd., scattered throughout his yard.
“It was dark, but it’s clear from here I saw one person trying to fight to get out of the car,” Acosta said. That’s when Acosta said he saw a man pick up and smash pieces of wood against the fence “because he was angry.”
We don’t know who that person was (Wallace would not be the first person to loan a car to a friend and have it backfire). Whoever it was fled the scene and police apparently are still trying to identify him.
Wallace was arrested on a DWI charge back in 2011.
Wallace last played in the NBA in the 2011-12 season with the Pistons. He had a 16-year NBA career and was Defensive Player of the Year four times. He won a title as a member of the Pistons in 2004.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30