Feb 11, 2014, 2:51 AM EDT
There are still a lot of questions to be answered.
An SUV registered to former NBA All-Star and Champion Ben Wallace reportedly has been involved in a hit-and-run incident.
Police sources said an SUV belonging to former Detroit Piston and Virginia Union basketball star Ben Wallace crashed into a fence outside a home in Henrico County early Saturday morning.
Silverio Acosta said he dialed 911 after he heard a loud boom around 2 a.m. at his home off Gaskins Rd. near Peppertree Dr. When Acosta went outside to see what happened, he found pieces of his fence, which butts up to Gaskins Rd., scattered throughout his yard.
“It was dark, but it’s clear from here I saw one person trying to fight to get out of the car,” Acosta said. That’s when Acosta said he saw a man pick up and smash pieces of wood against the fence “because he was angry.”
We don’t know who that person was (Wallace would not be the first person to loan a car to a friend and have it backfire). Whoever it was fled the scene and police apparently are still trying to identify him.
Wallace was arrested on a DWI charge back in 2011.
Wallace last played in the NBA in the 2011-12 season with the Pistons. He had a 16-year NBA career and was Defensive Player of the Year four times. He won a title as a member of the Pistons in 2004.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 16
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 4
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10