Feb 10, 2014, 12:44 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Clippers won by 45 and it wasn’t that close.
Sunday night was just a perfect storm of everything going right for the Clippers and everything going wrong for the Sixers. This was a game where the Clippers were ahead 100-51 after three quarters and went on to win 123-78.
Here are just some of the notable numbers from destruction.
• The 45-point win margin set a franchise record for the Clippers.
• To quote Ron Burgundy: “Well, that escalated quickly.” The Clippers started the game on a 13-0 run and led by 31 in the first quarter.
• The lead peaked in the third quarter when the Clippers were up 89-33.
• Philadelphia shot 27 percent on the night, the worst shooting night the Sixers have had since March 2004 when they had the same kind of night against Boston.
• At one point Philly went on a 14-0 run and that cut the lead to 42.
• Blake Griffin had 26 points, 11 rebounds and 6 assists in 25 minutes.
• Oh, and by the way Blake Griffin did this to the Sixers:
Oct 21, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Watch after the draft lottery next year when a team like the Lakers, Celtics or Knicks jumps way up the board so they can draft a young star and some smaller market owners cry it’s unfair.
Oct 21, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
The only precedent for LeBron, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving? LeBron, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh
Oct 21, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Iman Shumpert is wearing a hat with a clock on it. That is all.
Oct 21, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Center played just five games last season
Oct 21, 2014, 12:22 PM EDT
Chicago point guard still clearly has respect of teammates
Oct 21, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
New Orleans adds its missing link in Omer Asik
Oct 21, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
Expect him to be out until mid- to late December.
Oct 21, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
They’re not as good as Mark Cuban thinks they are, but they are improved.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Projecting Cleveland’s win total based on its minute distribution against the Bulls
Oct 21, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Celtics waived Lucas during offseason that saw him traded twice
Oct 21, 2014, 8:36 AM EDT
Celtics point guard, coach Brad Stevens leave open possibility of Rondo not missing any games after breaking hand
Oct 21, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
He had 30 points on 18 shots.
Oct 21, 2014, 12:05 AM EDT
Clippers point guard on his own level in post-Magic Johnson NBA
Oct 20, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Carter still has some bounce.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Rondo praises head coach Brad Stevens’ success on the college level.
Oct 20, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
He still has an antitrust suit pending against the NBA.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
It’s only preseason, but the 2011 league MVP looks like his old self.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The proposed changes would give the four worst teams the same odds of winning the No. 1 pick in the draft.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
He’s moving well considered what happened to his leg just back in July.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
So does ‘Nique and Chris Webber.
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 0
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 4
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 4
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 80
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7