Feb 10, 2014, 12:44 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Clippers won by 45 and it wasn’t that close.
Sunday night was just a perfect storm of everything going right for the Clippers and everything going wrong for the Sixers. This was a game where the Clippers were ahead 100-51 after three quarters and went on to win 123-78.
Here are just some of the notable numbers from destruction.
• The 45-point win margin set a franchise record for the Clippers.
• To quote Ron Burgundy: “Well, that escalated quickly.” The Clippers started the game on a 13-0 run and led by 31 in the first quarter.
• The lead peaked in the third quarter when the Clippers were up 89-33.
• Philadelphia shot 27 percent on the night, the worst shooting night the Sixers have had since March 2004 when they had the same kind of night against Boston.
• At one point Philly went on a 14-0 run and that cut the lead to 42.
• Blake Griffin had 26 points, 11 rebounds and 6 assists in 25 minutes.
• Oh, and by the way Blake Griffin did this to the Sixers:
Oct 24, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Filmed in his hometown of Akron, Ohio, “Becoming” includes rarely seen footage from LeBron James’ earliest days in sports.
Oct 24, 2014, 1:15 AM EDT
Noel isn’t ready to stop that much power going to the rim yet.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
Spurs big man just won’t stop producing great seasons
Oct 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
That’s real artistry by the Heat star
Oct 23, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Why is Houston’s general manager downplaying his own team’s success?
Oct 23, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Sterling had previously dropped a fraud charge against the NBA.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
The two-time MVP continues to battle nerve damage in his back.
Oct 23, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
A rare look at Popovich’s lighter side.
Oct 23, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Bad news for #JugLife devotees.
Oct 23, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Smart wins the “job” over one-time frontrunner Evan Turner
Oct 23, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
He’s already one of the best players in Philadelphia.
Oct 23, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
When you lose the best player walking the face of the earth, your team gets worse.
Oct 23, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Love reflects on his summer and the blockbuster trade in a new “Players Tribune” essay.
Oct 23, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT
It looks like a NASA launch center… but it’s a good thing for the league.
Oct 23, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
Cavalier star forward still adjusting to playing with LeBron James, Kyrie Irving
Oct 23, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Retired jersey went to New Orleans when team moved
Oct 23, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
76ers point guard originally given 5-to-50-game timeline
Oct 23, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
Suns guard sends Clippers reserve flying
Oct 23, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
Lakers president has strong words for Kobe detractors after ESPN report
Oct 23, 2014, 11:37 AM EDT
Kobe previously planned to play all eight preseason games
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 41
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 59
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 23