Feb 7, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Do a Twitter search for the hashtag DunkCam, and all kinds of nonsense will pop up.
It’s essentially a thing where people orchestrate elaborate slam dunks on unsuspecting people using portable hoops, trash cans, or other props that can result in someone running up on them and putting them on the proverbial poster.
This reached the NBA level with the Warriors, when Stephen Curry threw one down from behind over his head coach, Mark Jackson. Credit Draymond Green with the pass, and Kent Bazemore with the assist in holding up the “hoop.”
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 5
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48