Feb 7, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Do a Twitter search for the hashtag DunkCam, and all kinds of nonsense will pop up.
It’s essentially a thing where people orchestrate elaborate slam dunks on unsuspecting people using portable hoops, trash cans, or other props that can result in someone running up on them and putting them on the proverbial poster.
This reached the NBA level with the Warriors, when Stephen Curry threw one down from behind over his head coach, Mark Jackson. Credit Draymond Green with the pass, and Kent Bazemore with the assist in holding up the “hoop.”
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 17
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 37
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 13
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33