Feb 7, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
With three straight trips to the Finals and a fourth potentially looming this season, it’s easy to say now that LeBron James joining Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat in free agency was the right decision.
But it didn’t start out that way.
There was a real backlash against the Heat in that first season, and against James in particular for leaving Cleveland in the manner that he did in order to chase championships with two other All-Star talents. And at one point early in that first season, James says he and Wade questioned whether or not he had made the right choice.
Check out what LeBron has to say in the video clip above, which is an excerpt of a longer piece that will air Feb. 17 on NBA TV to cap off the league’s All-Star weekend coverage.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 8
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 28
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85