Feb 7, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
With three straight trips to the Finals and a fourth potentially looming this season, it’s easy to say now that LeBron James joining Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat in free agency was the right decision.
But it didn’t start out that way.
There was a real backlash against the Heat in that first season, and against James in particular for leaving Cleveland in the manner that he did in order to chase championships with two other All-Star talents. And at one point early in that first season, James says he and Wade questioned whether or not he had made the right choice.
Check out what LeBron has to say in the video clip above, which is an excerpt of a longer piece that will air Feb. 17 on NBA TV to cap off the league’s All-Star weekend coverage.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7