Feb 7, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
With three straight trips to the Finals and a fourth potentially looming this season, it’s easy to say now that LeBron James joining Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat in free agency was the right decision.
But it didn’t start out that way.
There was a real backlash against the Heat in that first season, and against James in particular for leaving Cleveland in the manner that he did in order to chase championships with two other All-Star talents. And at one point early in that first season, James says he and Wade questioned whether or not he had made the right choice.
Check out what LeBron has to say in the video clip above, which is an excerpt of a longer piece that will air Feb. 17 on NBA TV to cap off the league’s All-Star weekend coverage.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18