Feb 7, 2014, 5:42 PM EST
Pero Antic was a guy not a lot of NBA fans have seen much of, the Hawks reserve big man who is really a stretch 4/5 (57 percent of his shots have been threes), but he’s a guy with real potential in the league.
He’s also a guy with a stress fracture in his right ankle, which is going to keep him out of the Rising Stars Challenge Friday night of All Star Weekend in New Orleans.
Phoenix big man Miles Plumlee has been selected to replace Antic in the Friday night showcase of the league’s best, the league announced Friday.
It’s a good selection — no disrespect to Antic intended, but Plumlee should have been in the pool of players to start with. Plumlee is averaging 9.3 points a game on 51 percent shooting, plus pulling down 8.6 rebounds a game. He has been a solid big man in the middle, something to balance out the great play Phoenix has gotten from Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe (when he’s healthy).
Plumlee will play for Team Hill, selected by Grant Hill of TNT and coached by Nate McMillan of the Indiana Pacers.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 0
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 18
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 9
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 14
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10