Feb 7, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Al Harrington has played 17 games total in the past two seasons. He had a knee surgery last season that led to a staph infection and kept him out of most of the season for the Magic. He came to the Wizards this season, played in seven games but his knee was still bothering him, so it’s another surgery.
But he looked pretty good in those seven games. With the Wizards playing better — they could be this week’s winner of the “third best team in the East” award — they would like Harrington back in the rotation.
And the Wizards may get that soon as Harrington has returned to practice, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
He played 4-on-4 with the second unit and apparently looked spectacular. It’s just a pick-up game, but Harrington didn’t miss much. In 10 minutes of action he put up as many as 40 points — or maybe it just felt like it. There’s no such thing as an official unofficial statistic, but players were in awe of Harrington’s sharpness….
The team, nor Harrington, has given a target date for his return but it is sometime after the All-Star break Feb. 14-16.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $80,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
How much Harrington helps the Wizards remains to be seen, but scoring off the bench and someone who can stretch the floor is going to be a boost. Could make them the third best team in the NBA. For a week at least.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 6
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 3
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 46
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45