Feb 6, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
The Spurs will have more players left than the Los Angeles Lakers… but it’s getting close.
No, there will be no fines for this one like when Gregg Popovich sat his big three against the Miami Heat. Tony Parker is missed Wednesday night’s game with a sore back and is still not recovered. Tim Duncan is being rested, but the league was notified in a timely manner (that is what David Stern used to justify his anger and fine the Spurs last season).
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $12,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and earlyFriday games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $2,500. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Parker and Duncan join Kawhi Leonard and Manu Ginobili on the sidelines for the Spurs Thursday, all four of their best players. All the injuries lately (they recently got Danny Green and Tiago Splitter back) haven’t taken too big a toll as the 36-13 Spurs have won three in a row.
But after a double-overtime win in Washington Thursday, and with this being the Spurs third game in four nights, it is a classic place Gregg Popovich likes to rest his guys.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 39
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 16
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 33
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20