Feb 6, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
The Spurs will have more players left than the Los Angeles Lakers… but it’s getting close.
No, there will be no fines for this one like when Gregg Popovich sat his big three against the Miami Heat. Tony Parker is missed Wednesday night’s game with a sore back and is still not recovered. Tim Duncan is being rested, but the league was notified in a timely manner (that is what David Stern used to justify his anger and fine the Spurs last season).
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $12,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and earlyFriday games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $2,500. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Parker and Duncan join Kawhi Leonard and Manu Ginobili on the sidelines for the Spurs Thursday, all four of their best players. All the injuries lately (they recently got Danny Green and Tiago Splitter back) haven’t taken too big a toll as the 36-13 Spurs have won three in a row.
But after a double-overtime win in Washington Thursday, and with this being the Spurs third game in four nights, it is a classic place Gregg Popovich likes to rest his guys.
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 0
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 11
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 20
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 12