Feb 6, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
The Spurs will have more players left than the Los Angeles Lakers… but it’s getting close.
No, there will be no fines for this one like when Gregg Popovich sat his big three against the Miami Heat. Tony Parker is missed Wednesday night’s game with a sore back and is still not recovered. Tim Duncan is being rested, but the league was notified in a timely manner (that is what David Stern used to justify his anger and fine the Spurs last season).
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $12,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and earlyFriday games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $2,500. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Parker and Duncan join Kawhi Leonard and Manu Ginobili on the sidelines for the Spurs Thursday, all four of their best players. All the injuries lately (they recently got Danny Green and Tiago Splitter back) haven’t taken too big a toll as the 36-13 Spurs have won three in a row.
But after a double-overtime win in Washington Thursday, and with this being the Spurs third game in four nights, it is a classic place Gregg Popovich likes to rest his guys.
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 7
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9