Feb 6, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
Paul George (Indiana Pacers)
Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers)
John Wall (Washington Wizards)
Terrence Ross (Toronto Raptors)
Harrison Barnes (Golden State Warriors)
Ben McLemore (Sacramento Kings)
The official announcement comes from TNT’s Inside the NBA at 7 ET, but you can bet on this being the six.
Some star power is back to the event — three guys from the All-Star Game are in the contest. Last year’s contest was filled with guys known for high flying dunks but not known to the casual fan and the event fell on its face for the most part. That is with all due respect to Ross, who won the event and is back to defend his crown.
George is your early favorite — he has competed in the contest before and that plus his popularity (don’t think that doesn’t factor into it) make him a tough guy to beat. Ross is a close second.
Here is a little taste of what to expect.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 21
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 14
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 28