Feb 6, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
Paul George (Indiana Pacers)
Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers)
John Wall (Washington Wizards)
Terrence Ross (Toronto Raptors)
Harrison Barnes (Golden State Warriors)
Ben McLemore (Sacramento Kings)
The official announcement comes from TNT’s Inside the NBA at 7 ET, but you can bet on this being the six.
Some star power is back to the event — three guys from the All-Star Game are in the contest. Last year’s contest was filled with guys known for high flying dunks but not known to the casual fan and the event fell on its face for the most part. That is with all due respect to Ross, who won the event and is back to defend his crown.
George is your early favorite — he has competed in the contest before and that plus his popularity (don’t think that doesn’t factor into it) make him a tough guy to beat. Ross is a close second.
Here is a little taste of what to expect.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 10
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 25
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9