Feb 6, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
Paul George (Indiana Pacers)
Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers)
John Wall (Washington Wizards)
Terrence Ross (Toronto Raptors)
Harrison Barnes (Golden State Warriors)
Ben McLemore (Sacramento Kings)
The official announcement comes from TNT’s Inside the NBA at 7 ET, but you can bet on this being the six.
Some star power is back to the event — three guys from the All-Star Game are in the contest. Last year’s contest was filled with guys known for high flying dunks but not known to the casual fan and the event fell on its face for the most part. That is with all due respect to Ross, who won the event and is back to defend his crown.
George is your early favorite — he has competed in the contest before and that plus his popularity (don’t think that doesn’t factor into it) make him a tough guy to beat. Ross is a close second.
Here is a little taste of what to expect.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 11
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 50
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11