Feb 6, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
The Clippers have gone 11-6 since Chris Paul went out Jan. 3 with a separated shoulder. It’s been an impressive run, with Blake Griffin stepping up and showing off a more well-rounded game. In those 17 games the Clippers have averaged 111.7 points per 100 possessions, best in the NBA.
It makes you wonder how good they can be, if they can build on this run, when they get the best point guard in the game back.
We should find out this weekend, reports Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
Chris Paul has averaged 19.6 points and 11.2 assists a game this season.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $12,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and earlyFriday games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $2,500. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The Clippers could use him at the end of games, particularly on defense — the Miami Heat intentionally forced backup point guard Darren Collison to switch on to LeBron James late in Wednesday night’s game and LeBron exploited that matchup (the Heat won, 116—112). More than that, Paul is simply the best floor general in the game today.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 6
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 35
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22