Feb 5, 2014, 3:11 PM EST
Paul Lukas – who broke news of the Brooklyn Nets developing a black-and-white, stars-and-stripes uniform – is back with a few more scoops.
There are no pictures, but Lukas’ source provides descriptions of:
- Two new sleeved Warriors jerseys
- A sleeved Magic jersey
- A new version of the Raptors’ original purple uniform
- 2015 All-Star warmups
- Possible templates for the 2015 All-Star uniforms
Put me in the no column for sleeved jerseys. I don’t find them aesthetically appealing, and I find it hard to believe they’ll sell well considering how often players complain about them.
But I love the idea of the Raptors wearing something like this again. It would probably be as an alternate jersey, considering their push toward black and gold. But a few nights a year is the perfect amount for that dribbling Tyrannosaurus Rex to grace NBA courts.
The All-Star warmups – hooded in a boxing style – also get a thumbs up from me. But that’s only because the 2015 All-Star Game will be at Madison Square Garden, a venue with a proud boxing history. Anywhere else, that would be too corny.
Most of all, the possible 2015 All-Star uniforms excite me most. Lukas said they’re in this style. What a perfect way for players to represent their teams at the All-Star Game and still wear a new jersey that can be sold. I’d love to see all the slightly clashing uniforms on the court at once.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13