Feb 5, 2014, 3:11 PM EDT
Paul Lukas – who broke news of the Brooklyn Nets developing a black-and-white, stars-and-stripes uniform – is back with a few more scoops.
There are no pictures, but Lukas’ source provides descriptions of:
- Two new sleeved Warriors jerseys
- A sleeved Magic jersey
- A new version of the Raptors’ original purple uniform
- 2015 All-Star warmups
- Possible templates for the 2015 All-Star uniforms
Put me in the no column for sleeved jerseys. I don’t find them aesthetically appealing, and I find it hard to believe they’ll sell well considering how often players complain about them.
But I love the idea of the Raptors wearing something like this again. It would probably be as an alternate jersey, considering their push toward black and gold. But a few nights a year is the perfect amount for that dribbling Tyrannosaurus Rex to grace NBA courts.
The All-Star warmups – hooded in a boxing style – also get a thumbs up from me. But that’s only because the 2015 All-Star Game will be at Madison Square Garden, a venue with a proud boxing history. Anywhere else, that would be too corny.
Most of all, the possible 2015 All-Star uniforms excite me most. Lukas said they’re in this style. What a perfect way for players to represent their teams at the All-Star Game and still wear a new jersey that can be sold. I’d love to see all the slightly clashing uniforms on the court at once.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 6
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6