Feb 4, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
It seems like everybody has dreams of doing something different — whether it’s your accountant who thinks he can someday make the PGA Senior Tour or your neighbor who wants to ditch corporate life to open a restaurant, everybody wants to try something else.
Tracy McGrady’s dream is being a professional baseball pitcher. As you can see from the tweets above (that is Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports with the second tweet).
He’s at least got a minor league team considering making it a reality — the Texas’ Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League. The team released this statement:
“Tracy McGrady is one of the most elite athletes of this era and we appreciate his interest in pursuing a life-long dream with the Sugar Land Skeeters and the Atlantic League. While the Atlantic League is considered the highest level of baseball outside of Major League Baseball, McGrady has demonstrated skill, determination and diligence during his training program at Constellation Field. We look forward to monitoring his progress.”
Sugar Land’s first game is in late April, so this is going to play out for a little while. That said you know that for marketing purposes the team has to be considering it.
For McGrady, I hope it works out. But that he is putting his all into chasing this dream is a great story in and of itself.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 36
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 28
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3