Feb 4, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
It seems like everybody has dreams of doing something different — whether it’s your accountant who thinks he can someday make the PGA Senior Tour or your neighbor who wants to ditch corporate life to open a restaurant, everybody wants to try something else.
Tracy McGrady’s dream is being a professional baseball pitcher. As you can see from the tweets above (that is Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports with the second tweet).
He’s at least got a minor league team considering making it a reality — the Texas’ Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League. The team released this statement:
“Tracy McGrady is one of the most elite athletes of this era and we appreciate his interest in pursuing a life-long dream with the Sugar Land Skeeters and the Atlantic League. While the Atlantic League is considered the highest level of baseball outside of Major League Baseball, McGrady has demonstrated skill, determination and diligence during his training program at Constellation Field. We look forward to monitoring his progress.”
Sugar Land’s first game is in late April, so this is going to play out for a little while. That said you know that for marketing purposes the team has to be considering it.
For McGrady, I hope it works out. But that he is putting his all into chasing this dream is a great story in and of itself.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 0
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2