Feb 4, 2014, 7:29 PM EST
It seems like everybody has dreams of doing something different — whether it’s your accountant who thinks he can someday make the PGA Senior Tour or your neighbor who wants to ditch corporate life to open a restaurant, everybody wants to try something else.
Tracy McGrady’s dream is being a professional baseball pitcher. As you can see from the tweets above (that is Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports with the second tweet).
He’s at least got a minor league team considering making it a reality — the Texas’ Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League. The team released this statement:
“Tracy McGrady is one of the most elite athletes of this era and we appreciate his interest in pursuing a life-long dream with the Sugar Land Skeeters and the Atlantic League. While the Atlantic League is considered the highest level of baseball outside of Major League Baseball, McGrady has demonstrated skill, determination and diligence during his training program at Constellation Field. We look forward to monitoring his progress.”
Sugar Land’s first game is in late April, so this is going to play out for a little while. That said you know that for marketing purposes the team has to be considering it.
For McGrady, I hope it works out. But that he is putting his all into chasing this dream is a great story in and of itself.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 6
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8