Feb 4, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
It seems like everybody has dreams of doing something different — whether it’s your accountant who thinks he can someday make the PGA Senior Tour or your neighbor who wants to ditch corporate life to open a restaurant, everybody wants to try something else.
Tracy McGrady’s dream is being a professional baseball pitcher. As you can see from the tweets above (that is Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports with the second tweet).
He’s at least got a minor league team considering making it a reality — the Texas’ Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League. The team released this statement:
“Tracy McGrady is one of the most elite athletes of this era and we appreciate his interest in pursuing a life-long dream with the Sugar Land Skeeters and the Atlantic League. While the Atlantic League is considered the highest level of baseball outside of Major League Baseball, McGrady has demonstrated skill, determination and diligence during his training program at Constellation Field. We look forward to monitoring his progress.”
Sugar Land’s first game is in late April, so this is going to play out for a little while. That said you know that for marketing purposes the team has to be considering it.
For McGrady, I hope it works out. But that he is putting his all into chasing this dream is a great story in and of itself.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61