Feb 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
“(Gilbert Arenas) had a prank for every city we went to. He was filling bath tubs with coffee beans, and putting coins in the keyhole so you couldn’t put your key in there anymore. He liked to have a good time.”
—Luke Walton, former Arizona Wildcat then NBA champion with the Los Angeles Lakers (now a Lakers’ studio analyst), speaking with ProBasketballTalk.
He also talked about how much loved playing with Arenas, who was a crazy 17-year-old when Walton first met him at Arizona. Walton has nothing but fond memories of the hibachi.
We will have more from Luke and his father Bill Walton both on the PBT Podcast and The Extra Pass tomorrow morning, talking a little Jack Ramsey, a little Portland Trail Blazers and even some Clippers and what Doc Rivers means to them.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11