Feb 4, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Never say Pau Gasol didn’t learn a few things from Kobe Bryant. Such as if you are injured it’s fine to post photos of you getting an injection. Kobe did it earlier this season, then late Monday night Gasol posted this:
Gasol is out for the next week at least with a groin strain (he did not travel with the Lakers on their current three-game road trip) but he is getting treatment. With this Instagram photo Gasol wrote:
Today I got a PRP shot to help the healing of my groin injury. I will work hard to be back with the team as soon as possible.
PRP is the blood spinning procedure best known as what Kobe has had done to his knee in Germany (that’s a little different, but the idea is the same).
Gasol’s name mostly has come up in trade rumors, most notably to the Phoenix Suns (hey Gasol, best medical staff in the NBA, great for older players, just ask Steve Nash). However, the Suns wisely want to see Gasol in action again before getting too serious with trade talks.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 0
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16