Feb 4, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
Never say Pau Gasol didn’t learn a few things from Kobe Bryant. Such as if you are injured it’s fine to post photos of you getting an injection. Kobe did it earlier this season, then late Monday night Gasol posted this:
Gasol is out for the next week at least with a groin strain (he did not travel with the Lakers on their current three-game road trip) but he is getting treatment. With this Instagram photo Gasol wrote:
Today I got a PRP shot to help the healing of my groin injury. I will work hard to be back with the team as soon as possible.
PRP is the blood spinning procedure best known as what Kobe has had done to his knee in Germany (that’s a little different, but the idea is the same).
Gasol’s name mostly has come up in trade rumors, most notably to the Phoenix Suns (hey Gasol, best medical staff in the NBA, great for older players, just ask Steve Nash). However, the Suns wisely want to see Gasol in action again before getting too serious with trade talks.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 9
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8