Feb 4, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Never say Pau Gasol didn’t learn a few things from Kobe Bryant. Such as if you are injured it’s fine to post photos of you getting an injection. Kobe did it earlier this season, then late Monday night Gasol posted this:
Gasol is out for the next week at least with a groin strain (he did not travel with the Lakers on their current three-game road trip) but he is getting treatment. With this Instagram photo Gasol wrote:
Today I got a PRP shot to help the healing of my groin injury. I will work hard to be back with the team as soon as possible.
PRP is the blood spinning procedure best known as what Kobe has had done to his knee in Germany (that’s a little different, but the idea is the same).
Gasol’s name mostly has come up in trade rumors, most notably to the Phoenix Suns (hey Gasol, best medical staff in the NBA, great for older players, just ask Steve Nash). However, the Suns wisely want to see Gasol in action again before getting too serious with trade talks.
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 1
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 8
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 4
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 12