Feb 4, 2014, 11:37 PM EDT
That is the definition of circus shot.
Lance Stephenson drove the lane clearly thinking dunk but was bumped midair by Atlanta’s Kyle Korver which sent him twisting into Paul Millsap, so Stephenson just ended up just throwing up the over-the-head-shot.
Which he nailed. Somehow.
But watch the landing — ouch. Stephenson stayed in the game to take the free throws but left not long after and did not return to the game. Doesn’t look like this is serious head/neck/back trauma, which is fortunate considering how bad it looked at the time.
Hat tip to Matt Moore at Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 38
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 14
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 29
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64