Feb 4, 2014, 11:37 PM EDT
That is the definition of circus shot.
Lance Stephenson drove the lane clearly thinking dunk but was bumped midair by Atlanta’s Kyle Korver which sent him twisting into Paul Millsap, so Stephenson just ended up just throwing up the over-the-head-shot.
Which he nailed. Somehow.
But watch the landing — ouch. Stephenson stayed in the game to take the free throws but left not long after and did not return to the game. Doesn’t look like this is serious head/neck/back trauma, which is fortunate considering how bad it looked at the time.
Hat tip to Matt Moore at Eye on Basketball for the video.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 41
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31