Feb 4, 2014, 11:37 PM EST
That is the definition of circus shot.
Lance Stephenson drove the lane clearly thinking dunk but was bumped midair by Atlanta’s Kyle Korver which sent him twisting into Paul Millsap, so Stephenson just ended up just throwing up the over-the-head-shot.
Which he nailed. Somehow.
But watch the landing — ouch. Stephenson stayed in the game to take the free throws but left not long after and did not return to the game. Doesn’t look like this is serious head/neck/back trauma, which is fortunate considering how bad it looked at the time.
Hat tip to Matt Moore at Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30