Feb 4, 2014, 11:37 PM EST
That is the definition of circus shot.
Lance Stephenson drove the lane clearly thinking dunk but was bumped midair by Atlanta’s Kyle Korver which sent him twisting into Paul Millsap, so Stephenson just ended up just throwing up the over-the-head-shot.
Which he nailed. Somehow.
But watch the landing — ouch. Stephenson stayed in the game to take the free throws but left not long after and did not return to the game. Doesn’t look like this is serious head/neck/back trauma, which is fortunate considering how bad it looked at the time.
Hat tip to Matt Moore at Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17