Feb 4, 2014, 10:46 AM EDT
If you’re going to fail, fail big.
Late in the Kings’ blowout win over the Chicago Bulls Monday night Sacramento’s Derrick Williams makes the steal and has the breakaway dunk, so he decides to showboat a little and pass off the backboard to himself for the big throwdown.
And he fails. Big.
How bad was it?
Hat tip to Ben Golliver at SI’s The Point Forward (who never misses an off-the-backboard dunk, ever).
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34