Feb 4, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
The league frowns upon players telling referees they should go… you can pretty much watch Joakim Noah‘s overreaction above and guess what he was telling the referees to go do. His little rant came after he picked up a second technical and was tossed from the game Monday night, in both cases he got the tech for reacting to a call he didn’t like.
Tuesday the league came down with a $15,000 fine on Noah for the outburst, saying it was for “verbally abusing the officials upon his ejection.” Frankly Noah is lucky a Bulls official led him off the court quickly, then that he apologized after the game, or he could have been suspended.
Chicago was behind at the time of Noah’s ejection but came apart after that and was blown out 99-70 by Sacramento.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8