Feb 4, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
The league frowns upon players telling referees they should go… you can pretty much watch Joakim Noah‘s overreaction above and guess what he was telling the referees to go do. His little rant came after he picked up a second technical and was tossed from the game Monday night, in both cases he got the tech for reacting to a call he didn’t like.
Tuesday the league came down with a $15,000 fine on Noah for the outburst, saying it was for “verbally abusing the officials upon his ejection.” Frankly Noah is lucky a Bulls official led him off the court quickly, then that he apologized after the game, or he could have been suspended.
Chicago was behind at the time of Noah’s ejection but came apart after that and was blown out 99-70 by Sacramento.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 11
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30