Feb 4, 2014, 2:28 AM EDT
Just seconds before the Clippers’ Matt Barnes had drained a three off a pass and a nice bit of improvisation from J.J. Redick. The Clippers had a two-point lead and looked like they were going to escape Mile High with a win.
Then Randy Foye happened.
Whatever Nuggets coach Brian Shaw drew up in the huddle I’m pretty sure it looked nothing like the mess of a play that happened, one where Foye had to take the ball and dribbling left across the top of the arc shoot a leaning three pointer over Blake Griffin — and he drained it.
That may be the best game winner of the season so far. Final score Nuggets 116, Clippers 115.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18