Feb 4, 2014, 2:28 AM EDT
Just seconds before the Clippers’ Matt Barnes had drained a three off a pass and a nice bit of improvisation from J.J. Redick. The Clippers had a two-point lead and looked like they were going to escape Mile High with a win.
Then Randy Foye happened.
Whatever Nuggets coach Brian Shaw drew up in the huddle I’m pretty sure it looked nothing like the mess of a play that happened, one where Foye had to take the ball and dribbling left across the top of the arc shoot a leaning three pointer over Blake Griffin — and he drained it.
That may be the best game winner of the season so far. Final score Nuggets 116, Clippers 115.
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 1
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 34
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17