DeMarcus Cousins on Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy: ‘He’s a clown’

Feb 4, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT

The Kings beat the Bulls by 29 points on Monday, in a physical contest that got chippy at times. Joakim Noah was ejected after cussing out every referee on the floor, and apparently there were some exchanges once again between DeMarcus Cousins and Mike Dunleavy Jr.

We say once again, because these two have a bit of a history.

Last season while with the Bucks, Cousins was ejected after responding to a Dunlevy undercutting with an elbow in retaliation. There was nothing that serious in this one, but the two still don’t like each other.

“He’s a clown,” Cousins said afterward. “And he’s scared. I wouldn’t even waste my time if I ever saw him outside of the gym. He’s a clown.”

[via Cowbell Kingdom]

1. maracineanu16 - Feb 4, 2014 at 9:06 AM

And you’re a complete looser, cousins

• spthegr8 - Feb 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM

They just ended a 7 game skid and he played GREAT. He needs to learn to let his play do the talking for him. Even if that’s how you feel, there is no need to say it. In my Cris Carter voice ” C’MON MAAAAAAANNNN”!!!!!

• maracineanu16 - Feb 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM

You are right, mate. But I hate to see a player calling Dunleavy a clown. Dun’ has a excellent work ethic, he is a very smart player and a humble guy. So when an a##hole like cousins says something like that I get angry. And besides that – LOOK WHO’S TALKING

• bigmeechy74 - Feb 4, 2014 at 12:22 PM

looser? hmm I guess that means he isn’t tighter? I don’t get it

• pbtunpaidwriter - Feb 4, 2014 at 12:50 PM

I LOVE Cousins. Watching him play is better than watching all these high flyers (ahem Griffin) in today’s game. I love that he’s crazy too, actually more psychotic than crazy haha.

• brutl - Feb 4, 2014 at 8:20 PM

A pro basketball player is a loser?
      And what do you do for a living?? Are you Bill Gates or something?

2. imakcds - Feb 4, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I don’t care how talented Cousins is, he continues to reinforce the truth, that he is immature (and I’m trying to be polite).
    so just who will he ‘waste his time’ with ‘outside the gym’??
    How about Ron Artest??
    Ever heard of Maurice Lucas??
    Neither of those two would take up much of your time, DeMarcus.

• pbtunpaidwriter - Feb 4, 2014 at 1:36 PM

He’ll mellow down over time. For now, he’s a top 2-3 center at worst and getting better by the day at 23. Yes, he’s 23.

He has no suspensions this year which is a very good sign. I trust in DMC.

3. skids003 - Feb 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM

A clown calling someone else a clown. Yup.

4. dexterismyhero - Feb 4, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Hey DeMarcus, get your red nose and shoes on because you are the only clown bro!!

5. thekingdave - Feb 4, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Cousins was on the Bucks last season?

6. money2long - Feb 4, 2014 at 10:24 AM

show of hands all of you who would replicate your sentiments regarding cousins to his face

7. blackhawkdaniel - Feb 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Cousins needs to play ball. Anybody can trash talk. He’s not even that good to say that. I never heard Lebron or Durant saying that ever. This showed there’s no class in this “clown” He will apologize soon. They all do.

8. nykfanwakemeupin2015 - Feb 4, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I like this kids attitude. Yes, he is still immature and needs to grow up a bit, but the NBA lacks that competitiveness that it once had. I like that he calls people out and is not buddy buddy with everyone. As long as his play can back it up keep speaking the truth. This kid will dominate one day.

• sasquash20 - Feb 4, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Could agree more. League needs a little nasty. I miss when teams hated each other

9. AndiMirandi - Feb 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM

The way DeMarcus is playing this year, he has every right to call Dunleavy a clown. He is. The Bulls got punked last night.

And for the record, if one more person says DeMarcus has a temper and is a baby…feel free to watch the video of Noah getting ejected. Biggest crybaby in the NBA. What a joke.

10. nicofthenorthstar - Feb 4, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Sweet tats, bro

11. mungman69 - Feb 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM

When was DeMarcus on the Bucks. I must have been sleeping that day.

12. dklyce44 - Feb 4, 2014 at 4:28 PM

A fool calling somebody a clown! If it was up to me, Cousins would be out of the league period. He’s not even that good a player.

• nykfanwakemeupin2015 - Feb 4, 2014 at 4:51 PM

You can say what you want about his attitude but the kid can ball. Lets not be ridiculous.

• sasquash20 - Feb 4, 2014 at 7:40 PM

What has he done to be kicked out of the league?

13. drago2012 - Feb 4, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Mike Dunleavy should bitch slap him the next time they play. I would just love to see how tough this Cousins is when he is getting up off the wooden floor.

What are impacts of NBA's new TV deal?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches