Feb 4, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
Everything you need to know about the Bucks talent level this season is summed up in the fact that with the game on the line Monday night against the Knicks they went 1-4 flat to isolate Brandon Knight.
But it worked.
Knight is shooting 33.3 percent from three this season, 31.7 percent from that part of the floor, and in the clutch time of games (last five minutes of the game with his team up or down by 5 points or less) he is shooting 21.4 percent from three. A contested three over Felton is not a high quality shot.
Except that it was Knight’s night, as he finished with 25 points and 7 assists. The Knicks had put on a furious fourth quarter comeback to make it close at the end, only to take a punch to the gut loss.
The Bucks will take the win.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2