Feb 4, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
Everything you need to know about the Bucks talent level this season is summed up in the fact that with the game on the line Monday night against the Knicks they went 1-4 flat to isolate Brandon Knight.
But it worked.
Knight is shooting 33.3 percent from three this season, 31.7 percent from that part of the floor, and in the clutch time of games (last five minutes of the game with his team up or down by 5 points or less) he is shooting 21.4 percent from three. A contested three over Felton is not a high quality shot.
Except that it was Knight’s night, as he finished with 25 points and 7 assists. The Knicks had put on a furious fourth quarter comeback to make it close at the end, only to take a punch to the gut loss.
The Bucks will take the win.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 22
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 26
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8