Feb 3, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT
Believe it or not, the Lakers are actually going to get some players healthy.
Not Pau Gasol (out this week with a groin strain) no Kobe Bryant (out at least past the All-Star Game with his fractured knee) but they are getting Steve Nash and Steve Blake back. The pair of guards will be listed as probable for the game, reports Mike Trudell of Lakers.com. That means both will go when the Lakers take on the Timberwolves Tuesday.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $65,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
It will be interesting to see what this means for Kendall Marshall‘s minutes, the D-League pick up has played well for the Lakers and is a fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system. With all these guards, expect D’Antoni’s already unpredictable lineups to see a lot more experimentation. D’Antoni loves to experiment. It’s going to drive some fantasy players crazy.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 37
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89