Feb 3, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT
Believe it or not, the Lakers are actually going to get some players healthy.
Not Pau Gasol (out this week with a groin strain) no Kobe Bryant (out at least past the All-Star Game with his fractured knee) but they are getting Steve Nash and Steve Blake back. The pair of guards will be listed as probable for the game, reports Mike Trudell of Lakers.com. That means both will go when the Lakers take on the Timberwolves Tuesday.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $65,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
It will be interesting to see what this means for Kendall Marshall‘s minutes, the D-League pick up has played well for the Lakers and is a fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system. With all these guards, expect D’Antoni’s already unpredictable lineups to see a lot more experimentation. D’Antoni loves to experiment. It’s going to drive some fantasy players crazy.
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 4
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 6
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 10
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 37
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 45
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27
- Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard have little dust up; Kobe calls Howard “soft” (VIDEO) 61