Feb 3, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT
Believe it or not, the Lakers are actually going to get some players healthy.
Not Pau Gasol (out this week with a groin strain) no Kobe Bryant (out at least past the All-Star Game with his fractured knee) but they are getting Steve Nash and Steve Blake back. The pair of guards will be listed as probable for the game, reports Mike Trudell of Lakers.com. That means both will go when the Lakers take on the Timberwolves Tuesday.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $65,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
It will be interesting to see what this means for Kendall Marshall‘s minutes, the D-League pick up has played well for the Lakers and is a fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system. With all these guards, expect D’Antoni’s already unpredictable lineups to see a lot more experimentation. D’Antoni loves to experiment. It’s going to drive some fantasy players crazy.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18