Feb 3, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT
Believe it or not, the Lakers are actually going to get some players healthy.
Not Pau Gasol (out this week with a groin strain) no Kobe Bryant (out at least past the All-Star Game with his fractured knee) but they are getting Steve Nash and Steve Blake back. The pair of guards will be listed as probable for the game, reports Mike Trudell of Lakers.com. That means both will go when the Lakers take on the Timberwolves Tuesday.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $65,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
It will be interesting to see what this means for Kendall Marshall‘s minutes, the D-League pick up has played well for the Lakers and is a fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system. With all these guards, expect D’Antoni’s already unpredictable lineups to see a lot more experimentation. D’Antoni loves to experiment. It’s going to drive some fantasy players crazy.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 3
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15