Feb 3, 2014, 5:48 PM EST
Believe it or not, the Lakers are actually going to get some players healthy.
Not Pau Gasol (out this week with a groin strain) no Kobe Bryant (out at least past the All-Star Game with his fractured knee) but they are getting Steve Nash and Steve Blake back. The pair of guards will be listed as probable for the game, reports Mike Trudell of Lakers.com. That means both will go when the Lakers take on the Timberwolves Tuesday.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $65,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
It will be interesting to see what this means for Kendall Marshall‘s minutes, the D-League pick up has played well for the Lakers and is a fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system. With all these guards, expect D’Antoni’s already unpredictable lineups to see a lot more experimentation. D’Antoni loves to experiment. It’s going to drive some fantasy players crazy.
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 20
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 15
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Life is good in the Golden State 12
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 5
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 11
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 12
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20