Feb 3, 2014, 9:31 PM EST
This play essentially exemplifies the defensive goal of the Miami Heat, which is to create live-ball turnovers that result in easy points in transition for the team’s biggest stars, who usually finish in spectacular fashion.
LeBron James delivered on this play from the first half of Monday night’s game against the Pistons, where he got way up to handle the alley-oop pass from Mario Chalmers before throwing it down with some force.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 42
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8