Feb 2, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
L.A. tried its luck with Stephen Jackson earlier in the year before releasing him, and brought in Hedo Turkoglu for bench support as soon as he was waived by the Magic.
The team’s latest move involves adding an outside shooting threat, albeit one who hasn’t seen NBA action since the 2011 season.
According to sources, Clippers will sign Sasha Vujacic to a 10-day contract Monday.
— Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) February 2, 2014
A 10-day contract is about as minimal a risk as possible, especially with minutes available to distribute while Paul is still out due to injury.
Vujacic’s career highlight was probably making two clutch free throws to seal the Lakers victory in the closing seconds of Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals against the Celtics, but fans will also remember his battle with the Suns’ Goran Dragic in the Western Conference Finals that very same season.
And of course, let’s not forget those awesome Machine videos.
Vujacic last played for the New Jersey Nets in the 2010-11 season, and averaged 11.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 28.5 minutes per contest — all of which were career highs.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36