Feb 2, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
L.A. tried its luck with Stephen Jackson earlier in the year before releasing him, and brought in Hedo Turkoglu for bench support as soon as he was waived by the Magic.
The team’s latest move involves adding an outside shooting threat, albeit one who hasn’t seen NBA action since the 2011 season.
According to sources, Clippers will sign Sasha Vujacic to a 10-day contract Monday.
— Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) February 2, 2014
A 10-day contract is about as minimal a risk as possible, especially with minutes available to distribute while Paul is still out due to injury.
Vujacic’s career highlight was probably making two clutch free throws to seal the Lakers victory in the closing seconds of Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals against the Celtics, but fans will also remember his battle with the Suns’ Goran Dragic in the Western Conference Finals that very same season.
And of course, let’s not forget those awesome Machine videos.
Vujacic last played for the New Jersey Nets in the 2010-11 season, and averaged 11.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 28.5 minutes per contest — all of which were career highs.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23