Feb 2, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
L.A. tried its luck with Stephen Jackson earlier in the year before releasing him, and brought in Hedo Turkoglu for bench support as soon as he was waived by the Magic.
The team’s latest move involves adding an outside shooting threat, albeit one who hasn’t seen NBA action since the 2011 season.
According to sources, Clippers will sign Sasha Vujacic to a 10-day contract Monday.
— Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) February 2, 2014
A 10-day contract is about as minimal a risk as possible, especially with minutes available to distribute while Paul is still out due to injury.
Vujacic’s career highlight was probably making two clutch free throws to seal the Lakers victory in the closing seconds of Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals against the Celtics, but fans will also remember his battle with the Suns’ Goran Dragic in the Western Conference Finals that very same season.
And of course, let’s not forget those awesome Machine videos.
Vujacic last played for the New Jersey Nets in the 2010-11 season, and averaged 11.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 28.5 minutes per contest — all of which were career highs.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 57
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59