Feb 2, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
L.A. tried its luck with Stephen Jackson earlier in the year before releasing him, and brought in Hedo Turkoglu for bench support as soon as he was waived by the Magic.
The team’s latest move involves adding an outside shooting threat, albeit one who hasn’t seen NBA action since the 2011 season.
According to sources, Clippers will sign Sasha Vujacic to a 10-day contract Monday.
— Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) February 2, 2014
A 10-day contract is about as minimal a risk as possible, especially with minutes available to distribute while Paul is still out due to injury.
Vujacic’s career highlight was probably making two clutch free throws to seal the Lakers victory in the closing seconds of Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals against the Celtics, but fans will also remember his battle with the Suns’ Goran Dragic in the Western Conference Finals that very same season.
And of course, let’s not forget those awesome Machine videos.
Vujacic last played for the New Jersey Nets in the 2010-11 season, and averaged 11.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 28.5 minutes per contest — all of which were career highs.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 3
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38