Feb 2, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
L.A. tried its luck with Stephen Jackson earlier in the year before releasing him, and brought in Hedo Turkoglu for bench support as soon as he was waived by the Magic.
The team’s latest move involves adding an outside shooting threat, albeit one who hasn’t seen NBA action since the 2011 season.
According to sources, Clippers will sign Sasha Vujacic to a 10-day contract Monday.
— Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) February 2, 2014
A 10-day contract is about as minimal a risk as possible, especially with minutes available to distribute while Paul is still out due to injury.
Vujacic’s career highlight was probably making two clutch free throws to seal the Lakers victory in the closing seconds of Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals against the Celtics, but fans will also remember his battle with the Suns’ Goran Dragic in the Western Conference Finals that very same season.
And of course, let’s not forget those awesome Machine videos.
Vujacic last played for the New Jersey Nets in the 2010-11 season, and averaged 11.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 28.5 minutes per contest — all of which were career highs.
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 2
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 8
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11