Feb 2, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Jordan Brand has always had a huge retail footprint (pun intended), but had yet to open specialized individual retail stores of its own — at least until now.
From the official release:
“[Saturday] morning in midtown Manhattan, Jordan Brand president Larry Miller, Footaction CEO Jake Jacobs and filmmaker Spike Lee officially welcomed the first consumers to Flight 23 at Footaction. The group untied a pair of giant shoelaces to signify the opening of the store, welcoming hundreds of fans lined up at the store on West 34th Street.” …
“This is like Jordan’s house in New York. I’ve been excited about this for a long time, and it’s even crazier than I would have thought,” said Carmelo Anthony after getting his first look at the store.”
Flight 23 will feature the widest assortment of Jordan footwear and apparel, including regular retro drops and the latest performance product. Check out the gallery below for pictures from the grand opening celebration.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 52
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 46
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 22
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7