Feb 2, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Jordan Brand has always had a huge retail footprint (pun intended), but had yet to open specialized individual retail stores of its own — at least until now.
From the official release:
“[Saturday] morning in midtown Manhattan, Jordan Brand president Larry Miller, Footaction CEO Jake Jacobs and filmmaker Spike Lee officially welcomed the first consumers to Flight 23 at Footaction. The group untied a pair of giant shoelaces to signify the opening of the store, welcoming hundreds of fans lined up at the store on West 34th Street.” …
“This is like Jordan’s house in New York. I’ve been excited about this for a long time, and it’s even crazier than I would have thought,” said Carmelo Anthony after getting his first look at the store.”
Flight 23 will feature the widest assortment of Jordan footwear and apparel, including regular retro drops and the latest performance product. Check out the gallery below for pictures from the grand opening celebration.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 7
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 46
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 68
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 34
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8