Feb 2, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Jordan Brand has always had a huge retail footprint (pun intended), but had yet to open specialized individual retail stores of its own — at least until now.
From the official release:
“[Saturday] morning in midtown Manhattan, Jordan Brand president Larry Miller, Footaction CEO Jake Jacobs and filmmaker Spike Lee officially welcomed the first consumers to Flight 23 at Footaction. The group untied a pair of giant shoelaces to signify the opening of the store, welcoming hundreds of fans lined up at the store on West 34th Street.” …
“This is like Jordan’s house in New York. I’ve been excited about this for a long time, and it’s even crazier than I would have thought,” said Carmelo Anthony after getting his first look at the store.”
Flight 23 will feature the widest assortment of Jordan footwear and apparel, including regular retro drops and the latest performance product. Check out the gallery below for pictures from the grand opening celebration.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 28
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16