Feb 2, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Jordan Brand has always had a huge retail footprint (pun intended), but had yet to open specialized individual retail stores of its own — at least until now.
From the official release:
“[Saturday] morning in midtown Manhattan, Jordan Brand president Larry Miller, Footaction CEO Jake Jacobs and filmmaker Spike Lee officially welcomed the first consumers to Flight 23 at Footaction. The group untied a pair of giant shoelaces to signify the opening of the store, welcoming hundreds of fans lined up at the store on West 34th Street.” …
“This is like Jordan’s house in New York. I’ve been excited about this for a long time, and it’s even crazier than I would have thought,” said Carmelo Anthony after getting his first look at the store.”
Flight 23 will feature the widest assortment of Jordan footwear and apparel, including regular retro drops and the latest performance product. Check out the gallery below for pictures from the grand opening celebration.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30