Feb 2, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Jordan Brand has always had a huge retail footprint (pun intended), but had yet to open specialized individual retail stores of its own — at least until now.
From the official release:
“[Saturday] morning in midtown Manhattan, Jordan Brand president Larry Miller, Footaction CEO Jake Jacobs and filmmaker Spike Lee officially welcomed the first consumers to Flight 23 at Footaction. The group untied a pair of giant shoelaces to signify the opening of the store, welcoming hundreds of fans lined up at the store on West 34th Street.” …
“This is like Jordan’s house in New York. I’ve been excited about this for a long time, and it’s even crazier than I would have thought,” said Carmelo Anthony after getting his first look at the store.”
Flight 23 will feature the widest assortment of Jordan footwear and apparel, including regular retro drops and the latest performance product. Check out the gallery below for pictures from the grand opening celebration.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 8
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 28
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85