Terrence Ross destroys Kenneth Faried on transition dunk (VIDEO)

Feb 1, 2014, 1:31 AM EDT

That. Is. A. Dunk.

The Raptors’ Terrence Ross got a steal and was off in transition. To his credit, Denver’s Kenneth Faried got back and went for the block.

He ended up in Terrence Ross’ poster. One of the dunks of the year.

1. 00maltliquor - Feb 1, 2014 at 3:11 AM

R.I.P. Kenneth Faried. He was a good man.

That camera angle kinda sucked though, the angle and slow-mo I saw it on was breathtaking.

• spthegr8 - Feb 1, 2014 at 9:42 AM

@LLS!!!! The camera angle was suspect but MAAAAAAANNNN………That was FILTHY!!!

• pbtunpaidwriter - Feb 1, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Nice dunk but I’d rather take a man who tries to block a dunk and gets embarrassed than a guy who gets out of the way.

Terrence Ross is way better than I thought.

• 00maltliquor - Feb 3, 2014 at 3:33 AM

Very True

2. antistratfordian - Feb 1, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Amir Johnson had just tried to dunk on Faried about 15 seconds before this and was severely rejected – and it was Faried’s third block of the half – so Manimal was still feeling frisky with Ross in his sights.

But I’m suspicious. It’s hard to tell, but I don’t believe that Ross actually touched the rim. It appears that he may have thrown the ball in from a short distance. That would not be a dunk in my book (the only book that matters to me) – but more like a highly contested, high speed, above the rim lay-up.

Still an impressive finish.

• johngalt1783 - Feb 1, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Ross is longer and can jump higher. He is also more mobile. Blocking Johnson is no big deal. He gets blocked near the rim fairly often.

However, Johnson aka the “Dr. of Denial” was credited with three blocks of his own last night. I think he may have had a fourth but three was good enough.

• spthegr8 - Feb 1, 2014 at 9:59 AM

@anti
      Really..??? Really..??? That’s reaching even for you!!

• antistratfordian - Feb 1, 2014 at 6:40 PM

What? Nah. Ross was reaching – reaching for the rim and not getting there.

I’m not sure of it – it’s very hard to tell – but I don’t think he actually touched the rim and, yes, the difference matters.

• riders008 - Feb 1, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I have been to several different sources to watch this dunk and if you can’t tell its a dunk then you
      A. MUST NOT WATCH ENOUGH BASKETBALL
      B.YOUR A DENVER/Kennith faried fan
      Either way that clearly was a dunk……..

• spthegr8 - Feb 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM

@Riders
        You must be new to the site, so I feel its my duty to fill you in. @Anti is the resident mental/”Troll”/Bandwagon Heat fan. He is also the head of Lebron’s Internet security so, if you say something bad about LBJ. He will come to Lebron’s defense. Just Sayin”!!!

• 00maltliquor - Feb 1, 2014 at 12:32 PM

@ sp

Durant> LeBron
        Melo>LeBron
        Parsons> LeBron

There, I just put the cheese in the trap and lined ‘em up around the perimeter. Let’s see if your theory works!

• spthegr8 - Feb 1, 2014 at 2:38 PM

@Malt
        The last time I called him out on being LBJ’s Personal Internet Security guard he didn’t defend him on that thread. So, even if he proves me wrong this time, he’ll be back defending LeBron in NO time!!

• antistratfordian - Feb 1, 2014 at 6:42 PM

If he in fact threw the ball in from a distance and didn’t actually touch the rim then it is not a dunk in the same way Dwight Howard’s superman “dunk” wasn’t a dunk.

I’m not in any way a fan of the Denver Nuggets.

• money2long - Feb 1, 2014 at 4:30 PM

antistratfordian…
      star idiot fan rant
      the only way i can describe this guy’s opinions in the message boards….

• antistratfordian - Feb 1, 2014 at 6:45 PM

I have very high standards for what constitutes a “dunk.” That Dwight Howard Superman dunk that got a 50? My scorecard would’ve read 0. That’s not a dunk. It’s a failed dunk. 0/50.

I don’t recall Dr. J, MJ, ‘Nique or VC throwing in “dunks” from 2 feet away – they reached the rack. You couldn’t stop them from getting to the rim.

So, whether someone was an inch from the rim or 2 feet from the rim doesn’t matter, if he didn’t actually touch the rim then I can’t call it a dunk. That’s just the way it’s going to be.

• money2long - Feb 1, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Stop ranting and stay on topic. We don’t care about dunks of the past right now, how about u base ur point on this dunk. And this dunk will probably be top 3 of the year.

• ranfan12 - Feb 1, 2014 at 7:18 PM

gtfo

• antistratfordian - Feb 1, 2014 at 7:57 PM

nkotb

3. preppyang - Feb 1, 2014 at 3:49 AM

In the words of the boyz from AND1… “Kenneth Faried, you gotta leave the building!”

4. norcalkingsfan - Feb 1, 2014 at 4:06 AM

Dunk of the year, so far.

Just dirty.

• norcalkingsfan - Feb 1, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Sheet, I forgot about PG’s 360 windmill.

I’m torn, like Natalie Imbruglia.

• spthegr8 - Feb 1, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I don’t know. LeBron went full fledge Poke-Mon on P Millsap!!

• 00maltliquor - Feb 1, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Xavier Henry vs. Jeff Withey?

• spthegr8 - Feb 1, 2014 at 4:33 PM

@malt
        Good call. I knew I was forgetting about somebody’s dunk.

5. lbroberts123 - Feb 1, 2014 at 8:52 AM

@norcalkingsfan

Ewww… Does that mean you’re naked in your floor right now?

6. chiadam - Feb 1, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Destroyed is the perfect word choice. I’m still searching for the right word to describe VC jumping over Fred Weis’ (who is 7 feet tall) head.

• 00maltliquor - Feb 1, 2014 at 12:38 PM

I don’t think we will EVER see another dunk that will top that VC dunk. That is the hands down greatest dunk-on of all times. And there’s been A TON of excellent 10/10 dunk ons. That one is just….I don’t even know the word for it.

7. bucrightoff - Feb 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM

The still photograph when Ross is at his apex is actually incredible. You seriously wonder how he finishes it because he and Faried are basically even. Furious finish by Ross.

8. therealhtj - Feb 1, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Of course no foul call because of “verticality” when the pic clearly shows Faried isn’t. Sneeze on a wing player, whistles all around. Contact in the paint? Play on.

9. adzs - Feb 1, 2014 at 10:41 AM

From the way they line each other up to the way Ross leans back to avoid the block; then theres this image which makes Ross completing the dunk seem even more improbable http://imgur.com/LIn3dR4 This play is perfection!

• logicalcomment - Feb 1, 2014 at 3:48 PM

siiick image indeed!

10. broncobeta - Feb 1, 2014 at 11:58 AM

I mean this is a great dunk, but it’s no DeAndre Jordan v. Brandon Knight.

Destroyed isn’t really the word here. Impressive as hell for Ross, but Faried was barely touched.

11. kb2408 - Feb 1, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I haven’t seen anyone get destroyed like that since ole number 53 talked bad about me on this site.

• 00maltliquor - Feb 1, 2014 at 12:40 PM

??

• kb2408 - Feb 1, 2014 at 1:07 PM

I would explain it to you, malt, but if you keep checking in you will figure it out.

12. erking1991 - Feb 1, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Not that impressive.

13. plum13sec - Feb 2, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Better angle : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5XIGRNbOs

14. stayhigh_247 - Feb 2, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Most fun team to watch in the East!

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches