Feb 1, 2014, 6:44 PM EDT
This Lakers season will be remembered more than anything as one that was completely lost due to a series of injuries to both stars and role players alike.
Gasol had been complaining of soreness to the area for some time, but has played through it and managed 24 points and nine rebounds in the team’s home loss to the Bobcats on Friday.
Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell notes that the team has now lost 155 man games due to injury this season. L.A. has lost six straight and is just 3-18 over its last 21 games, only a half-game better than the West’s worst Sacramento Kings.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13