Feb 1, 2014, 6:44 PM EDT
This Lakers season will be remembered more than anything as one that was completely lost due to a series of injuries to both stars and role players alike.
Gasol had been complaining of soreness to the area for some time, but has played through it and managed 24 points and nine rebounds in the team’s home loss to the Bobcats on Friday.
Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell notes that the team has now lost 155 man games due to injury this season. L.A. has lost six straight and is just 3-18 over its last 21 games, only a half-game better than the West’s worst Sacramento Kings.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36