Feb 1, 2014, 6:44 PM EST
This Lakers season will be remembered more than anything as one that was completely lost due to a series of injuries to both stars and role players alike.
Gasol had been complaining of soreness to the area for some time, but has played through it and managed 24 points and nine rebounds in the team’s home loss to the Bobcats on Friday.
Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell notes that the team has now lost 155 man games due to injury this season. L.A. has lost six straight and is just 3-18 over its last 21 games, only a half-game better than the West’s worst Sacramento Kings.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 3
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 6
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 7
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 18
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13