Feb 1, 2014, 6:44 PM EDT
This Lakers season will be remembered more than anything as one that was completely lost due to a series of injuries to both stars and role players alike.
Gasol had been complaining of soreness to the area for some time, but has played through it and managed 24 points and nine rebounds in the team’s home loss to the Bobcats on Friday.
Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell notes that the team has now lost 155 man games due to injury this season. L.A. has lost six straight and is just 3-18 over its last 21 games, only a half-game better than the West’s worst Sacramento Kings.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 8
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31