Feb 1, 2014, 6:44 PM EST
This Lakers season will be remembered more than anything as one that was completely lost due to a series of injuries to both stars and role players alike.
Gasol had been complaining of soreness to the area for some time, but has played through it and managed 24 points and nine rebounds in the team’s home loss to the Bobcats on Friday.
Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell notes that the team has now lost 155 man games due to injury this season. L.A. has lost six straight and is just 3-18 over its last 21 games, only a half-game better than the West’s worst Sacramento Kings.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17