Feb 1, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
In the third quarter of Friday’s contest between the Timberwolves and the Grizzlies, a beautifully-executed play led to one of the game’s better highlights.
Kevin Martin makes a backdoor cut, and Ricky Rubio makes a perfect bounce pass. Martin then goes up for the two-handed finish, not bothering to check to see if Tayshaun Prince might get there in time to contest — he could not, so instead, it’s a throw-down that Martin can add to the reel of his personal carer highlights.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 4
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 7
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 15
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4