Feb 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Beal suffered a lower leg injury earlier this season which sidelined him for nine games. He’s been on a minutes restriction that was supposed to cap him out at no more than 30 per game, but received positive results from an MRI on Saturday that may allow that to increase.
Still, the three-point contest would be a time for him to get some extra rest, so he’ll need to essentially get the equivalent of a doctor’s note in order to participate.
Beal also told CSN he’d like to compete in the Three-Point Shootout at NBA All-Star Weekend, which is Feb. 14-16, but a decision has not been made. If he is given the green light that his leg is OK to handle the extra work, Beal said he will accept the offer.
Beal ranks 12th in the league in three-point shooting percentage, hitting 42.2 percent of his 173 attempts; he’s ranked 41st in the latter category at this point in the season.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29