Feb 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Beal suffered a lower leg injury earlier this season which sidelined him for nine games. He’s been on a minutes restriction that was supposed to cap him out at no more than 30 per game, but received positive results from an MRI on Saturday that may allow that to increase.
Still, the three-point contest would be a time for him to get some extra rest, so he’ll need to essentially get the equivalent of a doctor’s note in order to participate.
Beal also told CSN he’d like to compete in the Three-Point Shootout at NBA All-Star Weekend, which is Feb. 14-16, but a decision has not been made. If he is given the green light that his leg is OK to handle the extra work, Beal said he will accept the offer.
Beal ranks 12th in the league in three-point shooting percentage, hitting 42.2 percent of his 173 attempts; he’s ranked 41st in the latter category at this point in the season.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 0
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 30
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16