Feb 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Beal suffered a lower leg injury earlier this season which sidelined him for nine games. He’s been on a minutes restriction that was supposed to cap him out at no more than 30 per game, but received positive results from an MRI on Saturday that may allow that to increase.
Still, the three-point contest would be a time for him to get some extra rest, so he’ll need to essentially get the equivalent of a doctor’s note in order to participate.
Beal also told CSN he’d like to compete in the Three-Point Shootout at NBA All-Star Weekend, which is Feb. 14-16, but a decision has not been made. If he is given the green light that his leg is OK to handle the extra work, Beal said he will accept the offer.
Beal ranks 12th in the league in three-point shooting percentage, hitting 42.2 percent of his 173 attempts; he’s ranked 41st in the latter category at this point in the season.
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7
- PBT Extra: Wizards’ backcourt owning matchup with Toronto 0