Jan 31, 2014, 2:50 AM EDT
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while wondering if you can get a beer delivery by drone while off in some remote spot….
Goran Dragic, Phoenix Suns. Just as he was taking the court he found out he was snubbed from the All-Star Game (although smart money is he gets in when the league names a replacement for Kobe Bryant) and he came in to show the coaches they had make a mistake — he had 21 points and handed out five assists by halftime. In the second half the Pacers switched Paul George onto him and that worked, Dragic had 7 points in the second half. Still, huge game for Dragic and the Suns.
Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks. He came out on fire, scoring 18 points in the first quarter on 10 shots and then he and the Knicks were in cruise control the rest of the way. Anthony finished with 29 points and did most of that with a quality defender in Luol Deng on him (which led to Tristan Thompson on J.R. Smith, which led to some embarrassing moments for the Cavs). The Knicks are on a four game winning streak and Anthony has 140 points in those games. Coincidence? I think not.
Tim Hardaway Jr., New York Knicks. He put on a show in garbage time, scoring 18 points in the fourth quarter to finish with 29. You can’t get the highest of grades when you do your thing in garbage time, but it still made you ask this question: Wouldn’t the Cavaliers swap Anthony Bennett for Hardaway in a millisecond if they got the chance?
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 0
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 3
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 27
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32