Jan 31, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
Steve Nash practiced on Thursday with no issues or setbacks, but will not suit up when the Lakers host the Charlotte Bobcats Friday night.
However next Tuesday he could return. So could Steve Blake.
That’s what Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said after shootaround on Friday.
While we’re talking Lakers injuries, Pau Gasol will play Friday.
Nash has played just six games this season, and has spent considerable time this season working with his personal trainer in Vancouver, in part to train himself to move differently, in ways that do not aggravate the nerve root issue that has been a problem since he broke his leg at the start of last season. He can go for stretches; the question is will the wear and tear of the NBA grind aggravate the injury again?
The Steves (as D’Antoni likes to call Blake and Nash) and Jordan Farmar are all set to return to the Lakers soon, providing some much-needed depth at guard. It will be interesting to see how D’Antoni deals with Kendall Marshall, who was picked up out of the D-League and has played well for the team in the past few weeks. Marshall has become a fan favorite.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16