Jan 31, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Steve Nash practiced on Thursday with no issues or setbacks, but will not suit up when the Lakers host the Charlotte Bobcats Friday night.
However next Tuesday he could return. So could Steve Blake.
That’s what Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said after shootaround on Friday.
While we’re talking Lakers injuries, Pau Gasol will play Friday.
Nash has played just six games this season, and has spent considerable time this season working with his personal trainer in Vancouver, in part to train himself to move differently, in ways that do not aggravate the nerve root issue that has been a problem since he broke his leg at the start of last season. He can go for stretches; the question is will the wear and tear of the NBA grind aggravate the injury again?
The Steves (as D’Antoni likes to call Blake and Nash) and Jordan Farmar are all set to return to the Lakers soon, providing some much-needed depth at guard. It will be interesting to see how D’Antoni deals with Kendall Marshall, who was picked up out of the D-League and has played well for the team in the past few weeks. Marshall has become a fan favorite.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29