Jan 31, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
There are a bunch of David Stern tributes and retrospectives coming today — after 30 years David Stern is stepping down as commissioner of the NBA, leaving a legacy that is complex but is that of a sport that grew massively under his watch and marketing acumen.
This is about the oddest of the tributes I’ve seen. Which is why it has grown on me.
The song is from the basketball-themed musical “The Lockout.” Which you should see if you want to relive the lockout. (Or, you can just wait until 2017, but that’s Adam Silver’s issue.)
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 11
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 13
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7