Jan 31, 2014, 3:59 PM EST
There are a bunch of David Stern tributes and retrospectives coming today — after 30 years David Stern is stepping down as commissioner of the NBA, leaving a legacy that is complex but is that of a sport that grew massively under his watch and marketing acumen.
This is about the oddest of the tributes I’ve seen. Which is why it has grown on me.
The song is from the basketball-themed musical “The Lockout.” Which you should see if you want to relive the lockout. (Or, you can just wait until 2017, but that’s Adam Silver’s issue.)
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9