Jan 31, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
There are a bunch of David Stern tributes and retrospectives coming today — after 30 years David Stern is stepping down as commissioner of the NBA, leaving a legacy that is complex but is that of a sport that grew massively under his watch and marketing acumen.
This is about the oddest of the tributes I’ve seen. Which is why it has grown on me.
The song is from the basketball-themed musical “The Lockout.” Which you should see if you want to relive the lockout. (Or, you can just wait until 2017, but that’s Adam Silver’s issue.)
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 0
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 21
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56