Jan 31, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
There are a bunch of David Stern tributes and retrospectives coming today — after 30 years David Stern is stepping down as commissioner of the NBA, leaving a legacy that is complex but is that of a sport that grew massively under his watch and marketing acumen.
This is about the oddest of the tributes I’ve seen. Which is why it has grown on me.
The song is from the basketball-themed musical “The Lockout.” Which you should see if you want to relive the lockout. (Or, you can just wait until 2017, but that’s Adam Silver’s issue.)
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 10
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15