Jan 31, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
There are a bunch of David Stern tributes and retrospectives coming today — after 30 years David Stern is stepping down as commissioner of the NBA, leaving a legacy that is complex but is that of a sport that grew massively under his watch and marketing acumen.
This is about the oddest of the tributes I’ve seen. Which is why it has grown on me.
The song is from the basketball-themed musical “The Lockout.” Which you should see if you want to relive the lockout. (Or, you can just wait until 2017, but that’s Adam Silver’s issue.)
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 52
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 46
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 22
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7