Jan 31, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Another exciting player to watch down for the season.
“It’s always tough to see one of your players go down with an injury,” Nuggets General Manager Tim Connelly said in a released statement. “Nate is known for his heart and determination, so I have no doubt he will work hard to get back on the court as soon as possible. He has the full support of our team and organization.”
The team had previously announced his ACL as being sprained but did not give a timetable for his return. This, obviously, is worse.
Robinson has been his vintage self this season — capable of winning the Nuggets a game with his shooting and energy, also capable of shooting them out of a game, often exploited on defense, but a fan favorite. He averaged 10.4 points and 2.5 assists a game.
Ty Lawson has been out with a shoulder injury but is expected back soon. Evan Fournier will get more minutes at the point, although the smart thing to do would be for Brian Shaw to let Andre Miller out of this ridiculous Dog House.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30