Jan 31, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Another exciting player to watch down for the season.
“It’s always tough to see one of your players go down with an injury,” Nuggets General Manager Tim Connelly said in a released statement. “Nate is known for his heart and determination, so I have no doubt he will work hard to get back on the court as soon as possible. He has the full support of our team and organization.”
The team had previously announced his ACL as being sprained but did not give a timetable for his return. This, obviously, is worse.
Robinson has been his vintage self this season — capable of winning the Nuggets a game with his shooting and energy, also capable of shooting them out of a game, often exploited on defense, but a fan favorite. He averaged 10.4 points and 2.5 assists a game.
Ty Lawson has been out with a shoulder injury but is expected back soon. Evan Fournier will get more minutes at the point, although the smart thing to do would be for Brian Shaw to let Andre Miller out of this ridiculous Dog House.
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 0
- Rockets don’t bring the energy, so Bulls bring the pain in securing a 24-point blowout victory 5
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 12
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 12
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 5