Jan 31, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
The caption is “Celebrating the commissioners final day in the office. Yes we are.. CLOSE friends”
Mark Cuban speaks highly of David Stern — as do pretty much all the NBA owners. He made them a boatload of money.
That’s not to say the Stern/Cuban relationship has been all puppy dogs and rainbows — Stern fined Cuban 20 times, totaling $2 million. But they are both passionate and both want to see the game improved, they just don’t always agree on how to get there.
On his final day in office Cuban posted this little public thank you to Stern. They are friends. But you have to know Stern is thinking “Adam Silver, he’s all yours now.”
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 0
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 5
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29