Jan 31, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
The caption is “Celebrating the commissioners final day in the office. Yes we are.. CLOSE friends”
Mark Cuban speaks highly of David Stern — as do pretty much all the NBA owners. He made them a boatload of money.
That’s not to say the Stern/Cuban relationship has been all puppy dogs and rainbows — Stern fined Cuban 20 times, totaling $2 million. But they are both passionate and both want to see the game improved, they just don’t always agree on how to get there.
On his final day in office Cuban posted this little public thank you to Stern. They are friends. But you have to know Stern is thinking “Adam Silver, he’s all yours now.”
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9