Jan 31, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
The caption is “Celebrating the commissioners final day in the office. Yes we are.. CLOSE friends”
Mark Cuban speaks highly of David Stern — as do pretty much all the NBA owners. He made them a boatload of money.
That’s not to say the Stern/Cuban relationship has been all puppy dogs and rainbows — Stern fined Cuban 20 times, totaling $2 million. But they are both passionate and both want to see the game improved, they just don’t always agree on how to get there.
On his final day in office Cuban posted this little public thank you to Stern. They are friends. But you have to know Stern is thinking “Adam Silver, he’s all yours now.”
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 72
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32