Jan 30, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Tony Parker is a career 75 percent free throw shooter who is knocking down 80.3 percent this season. This is an aberration.
But it’s one heck of an aberration.
Parker took about as bad a free throw as you will ever see during the Spurs loss to the Bulls Wednesday night.
It looks as if he tries to pull up on the shot a little (maybe it slipped out of his hand) but the referees gave him a mulligan saying they had distracted him on the technical foul shot. ESPN analyst Doug Collins guesses that one of them told him mid-shot not to shoot. Whatever it was Parker got a second attempt and nailed it. Which just about sent Tom Thibodeau and the Bulls over the edge.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61