Jan 30, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Tony Parker is a career 75 percent free throw shooter who is knocking down 80.3 percent this season. This is an aberration.
But it’s one heck of an aberration.
Parker took about as bad a free throw as you will ever see during the Spurs loss to the Bulls Wednesday night.
It looks as if he tries to pull up on the shot a little (maybe it slipped out of his hand) but the referees gave him a mulligan saying they had distracted him on the technical foul shot. ESPN analyst Doug Collins guesses that one of them told him mid-shot not to shoot. Whatever it was Parker got a second attempt and nailed it. Which just about sent Tom Thibodeau and the Bulls over the edge.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 4
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 5
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 4
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 61
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 68
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30