Jan 30, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Tony Parker is a career 75 percent free throw shooter who is knocking down 80.3 percent this season. This is an aberration.
But it’s one heck of an aberration.
Parker took about as bad a free throw as you will ever see during the Spurs loss to the Bulls Wednesday night.
It looks as if he tries to pull up on the shot a little (maybe it slipped out of his hand) but the referees gave him a mulligan saying they had distracted him on the technical foul shot. ESPN analyst Doug Collins guesses that one of them told him mid-shot not to shoot. Whatever it was Parker got a second attempt and nailed it. Which just about sent Tom Thibodeau and the Bulls over the edge.
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 8
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 50
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 58
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 29
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 19
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 54
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3