Jan 30, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Tony Parker is a career 75 percent free throw shooter who is knocking down 80.3 percent this season. This is an aberration.
But it’s one heck of an aberration.
Parker took about as bad a free throw as you will ever see during the Spurs loss to the Bulls Wednesday night.
It looks as if he tries to pull up on the shot a little (maybe it slipped out of his hand) but the referees gave him a mulligan saying they had distracted him on the technical foul shot. ESPN analyst Doug Collins guesses that one of them told him mid-shot not to shoot. Whatever it was Parker got a second attempt and nailed it. Which just about sent Tom Thibodeau and the Bulls over the edge.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11