Jan 30, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Tony Parker is a career 75 percent free throw shooter who is knocking down 80.3 percent this season. This is an aberration.
But it’s one heck of an aberration.
Parker took about as bad a free throw as you will ever see during the Spurs loss to the Bulls Wednesday night.
It looks as if he tries to pull up on the shot a little (maybe it slipped out of his hand) but the referees gave him a mulligan saying they had distracted him on the technical foul shot. ESPN analyst Doug Collins guesses that one of them told him mid-shot not to shoot. Whatever it was Parker got a second attempt and nailed it. Which just about sent Tom Thibodeau and the Bulls over the edge.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 1
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15