Jan 30, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
If I were the investigator, I’d ask Brock Lesnar exactly where he was all of Monday night.
Monday night the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland was home to the WWE’s Monday Night Raw event. Tuesday morning Austin Carr’s retired No. 34 jersey was missing from the rafters, and it was not there for the Cavaliers game Tuesday night.
The team confirmed that they didn’t just send the thing out for cleaning, someone took it, reports clevescene.com.
As of (Wednesday) morning, Cavs’ VP of Communications Tad Carper said that there were no updates on the ongoing investigation but that they had determined the jersey was up during Monday Night’s WWE Raw event and was missing the following morning.
Carper said that the Cavs are having another banner made “ASAP” with the intent to have it up for the next home game.
The best line goes to Carr himself (now the color commentator on Cavs’ broadcasts).
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 13
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 5
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22