Jan 30, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
If I were the investigator, I’d ask Brock Lesnar exactly where he was all of Monday night.
Monday night the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland was home to the WWE’s Monday Night Raw event. Tuesday morning Austin Carr’s retired No. 34 jersey was missing from the rafters, and it was not there for the Cavaliers game Tuesday night.
The team confirmed that they didn’t just send the thing out for cleaning, someone took it, reports clevescene.com.
As of (Wednesday) morning, Cavs’ VP of Communications Tad Carper said that there were no updates on the ongoing investigation but that they had determined the jersey was up during Monday Night’s WWE Raw event and was missing the following morning.
Carper said that the Cavs are having another banner made “ASAP” with the intent to have it up for the next home game.
The best line goes to Carr himself (now the color commentator on Cavs’ broadcasts).
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9