Jan 30, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
If I were the investigator, I’d ask Brock Lesnar exactly where he was all of Monday night.
Monday night the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland was home to the WWE’s Monday Night Raw event. Tuesday morning Austin Carr’s retired No. 34 jersey was missing from the rafters, and it was not there for the Cavaliers game Tuesday night.
The team confirmed that they didn’t just send the thing out for cleaning, someone took it, reports clevescene.com.
As of (Wednesday) morning, Cavs’ VP of Communications Tad Carper said that there were no updates on the ongoing investigation but that they had determined the jersey was up during Monday Night’s WWE Raw event and was missing the following morning.
Carper said that the Cavs are having another banner made “ASAP” with the intent to have it up for the next home game.
The best line goes to Carr himself (now the color commentator on Cavs’ broadcasts).
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4