Jan 30, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
You don’t get a lot of snow-outs in the NBA.
However the Hawks had one this week as the storm that paralyzed much of the South shut down Atlanta so the league called off their game vs. the Pistons Wednesday night.
That game has been rescheduled for Tuesday, April 8, at 7:30 p.m. ET at Philips Arena, the league announced.
The new date is much later in the season and could have playoff implications for both teams.
Hawks will have just five games after it (and it sets up a back-to-back against Boston). At that point the game could have playoff implications for the Hawks as they fight for playoff seeding (they care currently the four seed in the East but only three games separate the third seed from the seven seed in a conference where every team is hanging around .500).
The Pistons are currently the nine seed, tied with the Knicks a game behind the Bobcats for the final playoff spot in the East. Detroit may need to win that game to make the playoffs.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15