Jan 30, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
You don’t get a lot of snow-outs in the NBA.
However the Hawks had one this week as the storm that paralyzed much of the South shut down Atlanta so the league called off their game vs. the Pistons Wednesday night.
That game has been rescheduled for Tuesday, April 8, at 7:30 p.m. ET at Philips Arena, the league announced.
The new date is much later in the season and could have playoff implications for both teams.
Hawks will have just five games after it (and it sets up a back-to-back against Boston). At that point the game could have playoff implications for the Hawks as they fight for playoff seeding (they care currently the four seed in the East but only three games separate the third seed from the seven seed in a conference where every team is hanging around .500).
The Pistons are currently the nine seed, tied with the Knicks a game behind the Bobcats for the final playoff spot in the East. Detroit may need to win that game to make the playoffs.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48