Jan 30, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
You don’t get a lot of snow-outs in the NBA.
However the Hawks had one this week as the storm that paralyzed much of the South shut down Atlanta so the league called off their game vs. the Pistons Wednesday night.
That game has been rescheduled for Tuesday, April 8, at 7:30 p.m. ET at Philips Arena, the league announced.
The new date is much later in the season and could have playoff implications for both teams.
Hawks will have just five games after it (and it sets up a back-to-back against Boston). At that point the game could have playoff implications for the Hawks as they fight for playoff seeding (they care currently the four seed in the East but only three games separate the third seed from the seven seed in a conference where every team is hanging around .500).
The Pistons are currently the nine seed, tied with the Knicks a game behind the Bobcats for the final playoff spot in the East. Detroit may need to win that game to make the playoffs.
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 5
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 32
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 58
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11