Jan 30, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
You don’t get a lot of snow-outs in the NBA.
However the Hawks had one this week as the storm that paralyzed much of the South shut down Atlanta so the league called off their game vs. the Pistons Wednesday night.
That game has been rescheduled for Tuesday, April 8, at 7:30 p.m. ET at Philips Arena, the league announced.
The new date is much later in the season and could have playoff implications for both teams.
Hawks will have just five games after it (and it sets up a back-to-back against Boston). At that point the game could have playoff implications for the Hawks as they fight for playoff seeding (they care currently the four seed in the East but only three games separate the third seed from the seven seed in a conference where every team is hanging around .500).
The Pistons are currently the nine seed, tied with the Knicks a game behind the Bobcats for the final playoff spot in the East. Detroit may need to win that game to make the playoffs.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 4
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4