Jan 30, 2014, 10:11 AM EDT
When the Heat and Thunder face off we get a rare treat — the two best players in the game who actually go head-to-head for a stretch. LeBron James and Kevin Garnett guard each other. They want to show each other up.
And for a couple of minutes late in the third quarter of Oklahoma City’s Wednesday night win over the Heat, they went back and forth at each other and put on quite a show.
On the night Durant got the better of James — they scored almost the same points (33 for Durant, 34 for LeBron) but Durant had the bigger impact on the game with 7 rebounds and 5 assists, being part of a Thunder team that showed fantastic ball movement all night. LeBron had 3 rebounds and 3 assists and the Heat turned the ball over 20 times.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11