Jan 30, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
The fans had their say last week naming the NBA starters.
This week coaches have their say getting to vote in the All-Star reserves — seven from each conference.
Next the fun part comes, picking out who got snubbed.
The reserves are voted on by the coaches (who only vote in their own conference and cannot vote for anyone on their own team). Those coaches choose two backcourt, three frontcourt and two wild card players.
Here is who the coaches chose (BC is backcourt, FC is frontcourt).
BC: John Wall (Washington Wizards)
BC: Joe Johnson (Brooklyn Nets)
BC: DeMar DeRozan (Toronto Raptors)
FC: Roy Hibbert (Indiana Pacers)
FC: Joakim Noah (Chicago Bulls)
FC: Paul Millsap (Atlanta Hawks)
FC: Chris Bosh (Miami Heat)
Hey Bulls, now it’s okay to release that “Congratulations Noah” video.
The coaches voted Joe Johnson of the Nets in over Lance Stephenson of the Pacers. Johnson is averaging 16 points a game for a Nets team that has turned it around. Stephenson does a lot of shot creation for the Pacers, the team with the best record in the East, and averages 14.2 points, 7.1 rebounds and 5.3 assists a game.
BC: Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers)
BC: Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers)
BC: Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs)
BC: James Harden (Houston Rockets)
FC: LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Trail Blazers)
FC: Dwight Howard (Houston Rockets)
FC: Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks)
At least one of the guards to just miss the cut out West — Goran Dragic of the Phoenix Suns and Mike Conley of the Memphis Grizzlies — should be appointed by the league as the replacement for Kobe Bryant of the Lakers, who was voted in by the fans as a starter but will not be healthy enough to play in New Orleans. It is possible both of them get in as the status of Chris Paul is up in the air due to a shoulder injury.
That leaves the young bigs out of the mix — DeMarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis. That is a shame. Tim Duncan also just misses the cut but I think he’s fine with that, last season at the All-Star Game he talked about how he hoped this would be his last one and he’d rather just have the weekend off.
The All-Star Game is Feb. 16 in New Orleans.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19