Jan 30, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki is going to go down as one of the great scorers in NBA history — a 7-footer with a high release that was unblockable, a guy who could score at the rim or bury the three ball. And his one-legged fadeaway was unstoppable.
Wednesday night he passed the 26,000 point mark in his career, becoming only the 13th player in the history of the league to eclipse that mark. He didn’t do it with a fadeaway, rather an and-one off an offensive rebound.
In a few years Nowitzki is going to be gone from this league, and we’re going to miss him.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 0
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 24
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 18
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 25
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 28
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 38