Jan 30, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki is going to go down as one of the great scorers in NBA history — a 7-footer with a high release that was unblockable, a guy who could score at the rim or bury the three ball. And his one-legged fadeaway was unstoppable.
Wednesday night he passed the 26,000 point mark in his career, becoming only the 13th player in the history of the league to eclipse that mark. He didn’t do it with a fadeaway, rather an and-one off an offensive rebound.
In a few years Nowitzki is going to be gone from this league, and we’re going to miss him.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 0
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9