Jan 30, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki is going to go down as one of the great scorers in NBA history — a 7-footer with a high release that was unblockable, a guy who could score at the rim or bury the three ball. And his one-legged fadeaway was unstoppable.
Wednesday night he passed the 26,000 point mark in his career, becoming only the 13th player in the history of the league to eclipse that mark. He didn’t do it with a fadeaway, rather an and-one off an offensive rebound.
In a few years Nowitzki is going to be gone from this league, and we’re going to miss him.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 20
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 31
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 45
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 33