Jan 30, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Nate Robinson had started for the Nuggets on Wednesday with Ty Lawson out, but he only played six minutes against the Bobcats when he seemed to tweak his knee, but then he jogged back to the locker room under his own power so it didn’t seem like much to worry about.
But he didn’t return to the game and then Thursday the Nuggets announced that Robinson has a sprained ACL in his left knee.
Robinson is out Friday against the Raptors for sure and after consulting with doctors a treatment plan — read: how long he will really be out — will be determined, the team said.
Robinson has been Robinson this season — capable of shooting a team in or out of a game, often exploited on defense, but a fan favorite averaging 10.4 points and 2.5 assists a game.
Lawson is just day-to-day with a rotator cuff injury and while he is out Randy Foye (who had 33 points against Charlotte) and Evan Fournier will carry the load. Coach Brian Shaw hinted he might let Andre Miller out of the doghouse to play some for the Nuggets with everyone down.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17