Jan 30, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Nate Robinson had started for the Nuggets on Wednesday with Ty Lawson out, but he only played six minutes against the Bobcats when he seemed to tweak his knee, but then he jogged back to the locker room under his own power so it didn’t seem like much to worry about.
But he didn’t return to the game and then Thursday the Nuggets announced that Robinson has a sprained ACL in his left knee.
Robinson is out Friday against the Raptors for sure and after consulting with doctors a treatment plan — read: how long he will really be out — will be determined, the team said.
Robinson has been Robinson this season — capable of shooting a team in or out of a game, often exploited on defense, but a fan favorite averaging 10.4 points and 2.5 assists a game.
Lawson is just day-to-day with a rotator cuff injury and while he is out Randy Foye (who had 33 points against Charlotte) and Evan Fournier will carry the load. Coach Brian Shaw hinted he might let Andre Miller out of the doghouse to play some for the Nuggets with everyone down.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13