Jan 30, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Nate Robinson had started for the Nuggets on Wednesday with Ty Lawson out, but he only played six minutes against the Bobcats when he seemed to tweak his knee, but then he jogged back to the locker room under his own power so it didn’t seem like much to worry about.
But he didn’t return to the game and then Thursday the Nuggets announced that Robinson has a sprained ACL in his left knee.
Robinson is out Friday against the Raptors for sure and after consulting with doctors a treatment plan — read: how long he will really be out — will be determined, the team said.
Robinson has been Robinson this season — capable of shooting a team in or out of a game, often exploited on defense, but a fan favorite averaging 10.4 points and 2.5 assists a game.
Lawson is just day-to-day with a rotator cuff injury and while he is out Randy Foye (who had 33 points against Charlotte) and Evan Fournier will carry the load. Coach Brian Shaw hinted he might let Andre Miller out of the doghouse to play some for the Nuggets with everyone down.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6