Jan 30, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Nate Robinson had started for the Nuggets on Wednesday with Ty Lawson out, but he only played six minutes against the Bobcats when he seemed to tweak his knee, but then he jogged back to the locker room under his own power so it didn’t seem like much to worry about.
But he didn’t return to the game and then Thursday the Nuggets announced that Robinson has a sprained ACL in his left knee.
Robinson is out Friday against the Raptors for sure and after consulting with doctors a treatment plan — read: how long he will really be out — will be determined, the team said.
Robinson has been Robinson this season — capable of shooting a team in or out of a game, often exploited on defense, but a fan favorite averaging 10.4 points and 2.5 assists a game.
Lawson is just day-to-day with a rotator cuff injury and while he is out Randy Foye (who had 33 points against Charlotte) and Evan Fournier will carry the load. Coach Brian Shaw hinted he might let Andre Miller out of the doghouse to play some for the Nuggets with everyone down.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 12
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24