Jan 30, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Nate Robinson had started for the Nuggets on Wednesday with Ty Lawson out, but he only played six minutes against the Bobcats when he seemed to tweak his knee, but then he jogged back to the locker room under his own power so it didn’t seem like much to worry about.
But he didn’t return to the game and then Thursday the Nuggets announced that Robinson has a sprained ACL in his left knee.
Robinson is out Friday against the Raptors for sure and after consulting with doctors a treatment plan — read: how long he will really be out — will be determined, the team said.
Robinson has been Robinson this season — capable of shooting a team in or out of a game, often exploited on defense, but a fan favorite averaging 10.4 points and 2.5 assists a game.
Lawson is just day-to-day with a rotator cuff injury and while he is out Randy Foye (who had 33 points against Charlotte) and Evan Fournier will carry the load. Coach Brian Shaw hinted he might let Andre Miller out of the doghouse to play some for the Nuggets with everyone down.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 12
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17