David Stern presents David Letterman’s Top Ten (VIDEO)

Jan 30, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT

The Top Ten things I’ve learned in my 30 years as commissioner of the NBA.

That was the list for David Stern, who steps down as NBA Commissioner on Saturday. He’s not doing a huge media farewell tour, but he did swing by Late Night with David Letterman to do a pretty good Top 10 list.

If you’re on the West Coast, you get this a little early. You can thank me later.

1. rickyspanish - Jan 30, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Moisten needle before inserting, that one got me good.

2. lakerade - Jan 30, 2014 at 2:11 AM

Hilarious

3. shanelsweet - Jan 30, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Well worth the watch, and even funnier on the 2nd watch. Thanks for putting up the video. Kurt and his crew do a really good job of finding NBA related stuff, putting it in one location with links to the original and mostly describing it pretty well. Comments criticizing them in public for grammar and spelling errors strike me as a bit petty and ungrateful, but I understand it’s just in the nature of some folks to criticize. I just wish the critical folks would send Kurt a private email rather than posting a comment. Thanks for your kind consideration.

4. sellahh - Jan 30, 2014 at 8:48 AM

This is awful. To believe those answers are real i’d have to down 10 beers (20, if you mean your 330 4% things). David Stern might have done good for the league. He might have not…. I’d say he was just lucky that a once-in-a-century player like MJ showed up. I hate how he gets credit for making the league more exciting. He is doing all in his power to kill this excitement. I’d much rather see Westbrook, Paul, Durant and countless others had they not had the benefit of the handcheck.

• mortalkondek - Jan 30, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Of course they’re not real, you dolt, it’s a bit.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches