Jan 29, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
The Lakers wanted to get out and run against the Pacers, with Mike D’Antoni knowing full well if Indiana got its physical defense set his team was in trouble.
Problem is, the Pacers like to run a little, too (they play at the 19th fastest pace in the league) and they have better athletes than the Lakers.
Case in point, this sweet behind-his-back then dunk play by Paul George. This was the best dunk of the night Tuesday. And on an off night shooting for him (4-of-20) this was one he was sure he could make.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 5
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 10