Jan 29, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
The Lakers wanted to get out and run against the Pacers, with Mike D’Antoni knowing full well if Indiana got its physical defense set his team was in trouble.
Problem is, the Pacers like to run a little, too (they play at the 19th fastest pace in the league) and they have better athletes than the Lakers.
Case in point, this sweet behind-his-back then dunk play by Paul George. This was the best dunk of the night Tuesday. And on an off night shooting for him (4-of-20) this was one he was sure he could make.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 13
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29