Jan 29, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
The Lakers wanted to get out and run against the Pacers, with Mike D’Antoni knowing full well if Indiana got its physical defense set his team was in trouble.
Problem is, the Pacers like to run a little, too (they play at the 19th fastest pace in the league) and they have better athletes than the Lakers.
Case in point, this sweet behind-his-back then dunk play by Paul George. This was the best dunk of the night Tuesday. And on an off night shooting for him (4-of-20) this was one he was sure he could make.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 14
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17