Jan 29, 2014, 11:11 AM EST
Atlanta is not a city braced for major snowstorms and it got hit by a big one — it had paralyzed the city (and much of the south) and left a couple school children stranded in a bus overnight, trapped in and unable to move during the snowfall.
In the wake of all that the NBA has wisely postponed the Pistons vs. Hawks game scheduled for Atlanta on Wednesday night.
The game will be rescheduled for a later date yet to be determined.
Icy and snowy conditions left the streets in Atlanta virtually impassable and while the players may have gotten to the arena it would have been potentially dangerous for fans.
The Hawks are 23-21 on the season and have been a surprising .500 teams since the loss of Al Horford for the season due to a torn pectoral muscle. The Pistons are 18-27, in a battle with Charlotte, New York and Cleveland for the final playoff spot in the East.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9