Jan 29, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
Atlanta is not a city braced for major snowstorms and it got hit by a big one — it had paralyzed the city (and much of the south) and left a couple school children stranded in a bus overnight, trapped in and unable to move during the snowfall.
In the wake of all that the NBA has wisely postponed the Pistons vs. Hawks game scheduled for Atlanta on Wednesday night.
The game will be rescheduled for a later date yet to be determined.
Icy and snowy conditions left the streets in Atlanta virtually impassable and while the players may have gotten to the arena it would have been potentially dangerous for fans.
The Hawks are 23-21 on the season and have been a surprising .500 teams since the loss of Al Horford for the season due to a torn pectoral muscle. The Pistons are 18-27, in a battle with Charlotte, New York and Cleveland for the final playoff spot in the East.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 22
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 37
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 29
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12