Jan 29, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
Atlanta is not a city braced for major snowstorms and it got hit by a big one — it had paralyzed the city (and much of the south) and left a couple school children stranded in a bus overnight, trapped in and unable to move during the snowfall.
In the wake of all that the NBA has wisely postponed the Pistons vs. Hawks game scheduled for Atlanta on Wednesday night.
The game will be rescheduled for a later date yet to be determined.
Icy and snowy conditions left the streets in Atlanta virtually impassable and while the players may have gotten to the arena it would have been potentially dangerous for fans.
The Hawks are 23-21 on the season and have been a surprising .500 teams since the loss of Al Horford for the season due to a torn pectoral muscle. The Pistons are 18-27, in a battle with Charlotte, New York and Cleveland for the final playoff spot in the East.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 16
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 39
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4