Jan 29, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
Atlanta is not a city braced for major snowstorms and it got hit by a big one — it had paralyzed the city (and much of the south) and left a couple school children stranded in a bus overnight, trapped in and unable to move during the snowfall.
In the wake of all that the NBA has wisely postponed the Pistons vs. Hawks game scheduled for Atlanta on Wednesday night.
The game will be rescheduled for a later date yet to be determined.
Icy and snowy conditions left the streets in Atlanta virtually impassable and while the players may have gotten to the arena it would have been potentially dangerous for fans.
The Hawks are 23-21 on the season and have been a surprising .500 teams since the loss of Al Horford for the season due to a torn pectoral muscle. The Pistons are 18-27, in a battle with Charlotte, New York and Cleveland for the final playoff spot in the East.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 0
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 63
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10