Jan 29, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
Atlanta is not a city braced for major snowstorms and it got hit by a big one — it had paralyzed the city (and much of the south) and left a couple school children stranded in a bus overnight, trapped in and unable to move during the snowfall.
In the wake of all that the NBA has wisely postponed the Pistons vs. Hawks game scheduled for Atlanta on Wednesday night.
The game will be rescheduled for a later date yet to be determined.
Icy and snowy conditions left the streets in Atlanta virtually impassable and while the players may have gotten to the arena it would have been potentially dangerous for fans.
The Hawks are 23-21 on the season and have been a surprising .500 teams since the loss of Al Horford for the season due to a torn pectoral muscle. The Pistons are 18-27, in a battle with Charlotte, New York and Cleveland for the final playoff spot in the East.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11