Jan 28, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
The Rockets’ job Tuesday night just got a lot tougher.
James Harden is out for Houston’s showdown with San Antonio Tuesday night due to a bruised thumb, reports CSNNE.com. The injury came Saturday night when the Rockets lost to the Grizzlies.
Here’s why this is especially bad news for Houston: In two games against San Antonio this season, Harden has averaged 29.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 6 assists.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $65,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Expect to see Jeremy Lin start and after that some interesting guard combinations from Kevin McHale’s team tonight.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 11
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7