Jan 28, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
The Rockets’ job Tuesday night just got a lot tougher.
James Harden is out for Houston’s showdown with San Antonio Tuesday night due to a bruised thumb, reports CSNNE.com. The injury came Saturday night when the Rockets lost to the Grizzlies.
Here’s why this is especially bad news for Houston: In two games against San Antonio this season, Harden has averaged 29.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 6 assists.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $65,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Expect to see Jeremy Lin start and after that some interesting guard combinations from Kevin McHale’s team tonight.
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 0
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 18
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 22