Jan 28, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
The Rockets’ job Tuesday night just got a lot tougher.
James Harden is out for Houston’s showdown with San Antonio Tuesday night due to a bruised thumb, reports CSNNE.com. The injury came Saturday night when the Rockets lost to the Grizzlies.
Here’s why this is especially bad news for Houston: In two games against San Antonio this season, Harden has averaged 29.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 6 assists.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $65,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Expect to see Jeremy Lin start and after that some interesting guard combinations from Kevin McHale’s team tonight.
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 0
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 3
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 22
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 6
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10