Jan 28, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
The Rockets’ job Tuesday night just got a lot tougher.
James Harden is out for Houston’s showdown with San Antonio Tuesday night due to a bruised thumb, reports CSNNE.com. The injury came Saturday night when the Rockets lost to the Grizzlies.
Here’s why this is especially bad news for Houston: In two games against San Antonio this season, Harden has averaged 29.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 6 assists.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $65,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Expect to see Jeremy Lin start and after that some interesting guard combinations from Kevin McHale’s team tonight.
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 0
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 4
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25