Jan 28, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
The Rockets’ job Tuesday night just got a lot tougher.
James Harden is out for Houston’s showdown with San Antonio Tuesday night due to a bruised thumb, reports CSNNE.com. The injury came Saturday night when the Rockets lost to the Grizzlies.
Here’s why this is especially bad news for Houston: In two games against San Antonio this season, Harden has averaged 29.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 6 assists.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $65,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Expect to see Jeremy Lin start and after that some interesting guard combinations from Kevin McHale’s team tonight.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 0
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 13
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 19
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19