Jan 28, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
This was a huge win for Toronto… if the goal is to win the Atlantic Division. Which it is for the players, if not management. Brooklyn had been surging and the Raptors needed a win to solidify their hold on the Atlantic, they got it 104-103.
They got it because Patrick Paterson first made a quality steal off an ill-advised inbound pass from Deron Williams, then Patterson make a sweet little play and knocked down the midrange jumper. Great job making the little fake and letting Williams slide by so he had a clean look.
Paul Pierce came closer than he had a right to in taking the game for Brooklyn (considering the quality of shot he got off). In a season where some not really that impressive teams are going to make the second round in the East, there is no reason the Raptors couldn’t be one of those teams. As long as they don’t trade Kyle Lowry.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30