Jan 28, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
This was a huge win for Toronto… if the goal is to win the Atlantic Division. Which it is for the players, if not management. Brooklyn had been surging and the Raptors needed a win to solidify their hold on the Atlantic, they got it 104-103.
They got it because Patrick Paterson first made a quality steal off an ill-advised inbound pass from Deron Williams, then Patterson make a sweet little play and knocked down the midrange jumper. Great job making the little fake and letting Williams slide by so he had a clean look.
Paul Pierce came closer than he had a right to in taking the game for Brooklyn (considering the quality of shot he got off). In a season where some not really that impressive teams are going to make the second round in the East, there is no reason the Raptors couldn’t be one of those teams. As long as they don’t trade Kyle Lowry.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20