Jan 28, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
This was a huge win for Toronto… if the goal is to win the Atlantic Division. Which it is for the players, if not management. Brooklyn had been surging and the Raptors needed a win to solidify their hold on the Atlantic, they got it 104-103.
They got it because Patrick Paterson first made a quality steal off an ill-advised inbound pass from Deron Williams, then Patterson make a sweet little play and knocked down the midrange jumper. Great job making the little fake and letting Williams slide by so he had a clean look.
Paul Pierce came closer than he had a right to in taking the game for Brooklyn (considering the quality of shot he got off). In a season where some not really that impressive teams are going to make the second round in the East, there is no reason the Raptors couldn’t be one of those teams. As long as they don’t trade Kyle Lowry.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11