Jan 28, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
This was a huge win for Toronto… if the goal is to win the Atlantic Division. Which it is for the players, if not management. Brooklyn had been surging and the Raptors needed a win to solidify their hold on the Atlantic, they got it 104-103.
They got it because Patrick Paterson first made a quality steal off an ill-advised inbound pass from Deron Williams, then Patterson make a sweet little play and knocked down the midrange jumper. Great job making the little fake and letting Williams slide by so he had a clean look.
Paul Pierce came closer than he had a right to in taking the game for Brooklyn (considering the quality of shot he got off). In a season where some not really that impressive teams are going to make the second round in the East, there is no reason the Raptors couldn’t be one of those teams. As long as they don’t trade Kyle Lowry.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19