Jan 28, 2014, 1:14 AM EST
This was a huge win for Toronto… if the goal is to win the Atlantic Division. Which it is for the players, if not management. Brooklyn had been surging and the Raptors needed a win to solidify their hold on the Atlantic, they got it 104-103.
They got it because Patrick Paterson first made a quality steal off an ill-advised inbound pass from Deron Williams, then Patterson make a sweet little play and knocked down the midrange jumper. Great job making the little fake and letting Williams slide by so he had a clean look.
Paul Pierce came closer than he had a right to in taking the game for Brooklyn (considering the quality of shot he got off). In a season where some not really that impressive teams are going to make the second round in the East, there is no reason the Raptors couldn’t be one of those teams. As long as they don’t trade Kyle Lowry.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 7
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 23
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11