Jan 28, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
This is certainly not good not good for a rookie trying to carve out a spot in the NBA, but it’s not going to impact the Cavaliers rotation.
Cleveland rookie Carrick Felix will be out 6-8 weeks with a stress fracture in his left knee, the team announced. The injury occurred while he was in the D-League playing for the Canton Charge Saturday against the Delaware 87ers.
Felix has played in only six games for the Cavaliers this season, having bounced between the NBA and D-League.
Felix was taken by the Cavaliers early in the second round of the last draft out of Arizona State. He is playing behind C.J. Miles and Dion Waiters on the depth chart and not seeing the court much at all.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 32
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 47
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 16
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11