Jan 27, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
In the latest edition PBT Extra, it’s a Kevin Durant love fest as we name him the NBA’s MVP at the midseason. As noted in my post on this topic, LeBron James could go on a run and catch him, but there is some voter fatigue with LeBron as the MVP so people have been looking for a reason to vote for Durant — and he’s given it to them with his recent nine-game run of 30 point games.
I also discuss my picks for Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year and Sixth Man of the Year — all of those categories are still hotly contested.
Really, I only think there is one category where it’s basically a lock if he stays healthy — Roy Hibbert for Defensive Player of the Year. He’s running away with it.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 23
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 39
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 29
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12