Jan 27, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
In the latest edition PBT Extra, it’s a Kevin Durant love fest as we name him the NBA’s MVP at the midseason. As noted in my post on this topic, LeBron James could go on a run and catch him, but there is some voter fatigue with LeBron as the MVP so people have been looking for a reason to vote for Durant — and he’s given it to them with his recent nine-game run of 30 point games.
I also discuss my picks for Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year and Sixth Man of the Year — all of those categories are still hotly contested.
Really, I only think there is one category where it’s basically a lock if he stays healthy — Roy Hibbert for Defensive Player of the Year. He’s running away with it.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16