Jan 27, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
In the latest edition PBT Extra, it’s a Kevin Durant love fest as we name him the NBA’s MVP at the midseason. As noted in my post on this topic, LeBron James could go on a run and catch him, but there is some voter fatigue with LeBron as the MVP so people have been looking for a reason to vote for Durant — and he’s given it to them with his recent nine-game run of 30 point games.
I also discuss my picks for Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year and Sixth Man of the Year — all of those categories are still hotly contested.
Really, I only think there is one category where it’s basically a lock if he stays healthy — Roy Hibbert for Defensive Player of the Year. He’s running away with it.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 38
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5