Jan 27, 2014, 7:36 PM EST
In the latest edition PBT Extra, it’s a Kevin Durant love fest as we name him the NBA’s MVP at the midseason. As noted in my post on this topic, LeBron James could go on a run and catch him, but there is some voter fatigue with LeBron as the MVP so people have been looking for a reason to vote for Durant — and he’s given it to them with his recent nine-game run of 30 point games.
I also discuss my picks for Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year and Sixth Man of the Year — all of those categories are still hotly contested.
Really, I only think there is one category where it’s basically a lock if he stays healthy — Roy Hibbert for Defensive Player of the Year. He’s running away with it.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 7
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16