Jan 27, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
In the latest edition PBT Extra, it’s a Kevin Durant love fest as we name him the NBA’s MVP at the midseason. As noted in my post on this topic, LeBron James could go on a run and catch him, but there is some voter fatigue with LeBron as the MVP so people have been looking for a reason to vote for Durant — and he’s given it to them with his recent nine-game run of 30 point games.
I also discuss my picks for Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year and Sixth Man of the Year — all of those categories are still hotly contested.
Really, I only think there is one category where it’s basically a lock if he stays healthy — Roy Hibbert for Defensive Player of the Year. He’s running away with it.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17