Jan 27, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Kevin Durant is in the midst of a stretch that has him at the forefront of the league’s MVP race this year, and considering the fact that LeBron James still plays in the NBA and hasn’t exactly declined from the level he played at a season ago, that’s really quite the accomplishment.
Durant finished with 41 points on 15-of-25 shooting, including this game-winner against what seemed like the entire Hawks team to propel the Thunder to their eighth straight victory. It was the 11th straight game in which Durant scored at least 30 points, which is the most by any player in the league over the last 10 seasons.
[Video via SI.com]
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59