Jan 27, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Kevin Durant is in the midst of a stretch that has him at the forefront of the league’s MVP race this year, and considering the fact that LeBron James still plays in the NBA and hasn’t exactly declined from the level he played at a season ago, that’s really quite the accomplishment.
Durant finished with 41 points on 15-of-25 shooting, including this game-winner against what seemed like the entire Hawks team to propel the Thunder to their eighth straight victory. It was the 11th straight game in which Durant scored at least 30 points, which is the most by any player in the league over the last 10 seasons.
[Video via SI.com]
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18