Jan 27, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Kevin Durant is in the midst of a stretch that has him at the forefront of the league’s MVP race this year, and considering the fact that LeBron James still plays in the NBA and hasn’t exactly declined from the level he played at a season ago, that’s really quite the accomplishment.
Durant finished with 41 points on 15-of-25 shooting, including this game-winner against what seemed like the entire Hawks team to propel the Thunder to their eighth straight victory. It was the 11th straight game in which Durant scored at least 30 points, which is the most by any player in the league over the last 10 seasons.
[Video via SI.com]
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 7
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 47
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 72
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 40
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3