Jan 27, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Kevin Durant is in the midst of a stretch that has him at the forefront of the league’s MVP race this year, and considering the fact that LeBron James still plays in the NBA and hasn’t exactly declined from the level he played at a season ago, that’s really quite the accomplishment.
Durant finished with 41 points on 15-of-25 shooting, including this game-winner against what seemed like the entire Hawks team to propel the Thunder to their eighth straight victory. It was the 11th straight game in which Durant scored at least 30 points, which is the most by any player in the league over the last 10 seasons.
[Video via SI.com]
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32