Jan 27, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Kevin Durant is in the midst of a stretch that has him at the forefront of the league’s MVP race this year, and considering the fact that LeBron James still plays in the NBA and hasn’t exactly declined from the level he played at a season ago, that’s really quite the accomplishment.
Durant finished with 41 points on 15-of-25 shooting, including this game-winner against what seemed like the entire Hawks team to propel the Thunder to their eighth straight victory. It was the 11th straight game in which Durant scored at least 30 points, which is the most by any player in the league over the last 10 seasons.
[Video via SI.com]
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 0
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10