Jan 27, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
This is one of the more egregious — and by that amusingly bad and funny — flops of the season.
A lot of flops caught and fined by the league are guys exaggerating contact, but Shelvin Mack takes it to a new level. Watch the middle of the lane on the video above from Saturday’s Hawks’ game — the Bucks’ Brandon Knight cuts into the lane and uses his arm to gain a little space between him and Mack then makes a cut out to the three-point line. Mack uses that touch contact to just fall to the floor like he was hit by a metal folding chair in a WWE match. I will grant Mack he is a little off balance when the contact happens, but still.
Fortunately the referees didn’t buy it and play went on. The league warned Mack on Monday.
Mack becomes the 23rd player warned for flopping by the league, next time he gets caught by the league it’s a $5,000 fine. Three players have been caught twice and fined this season — James Harden, Corey Brewer and Lance Stephenson.
Hat tip to Zach “flopping king” Harper at Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 2
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6