Jan 27, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
Nate Robinson is all about the 206.
The Seattle native will hype his native city every chance he gets. He is a huge fan of all things Seattle — the Huskies (where he went to college), the Mariners, the Sounders…
And the Seahawks.
Who happen to be playing the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl this week. The city where Robinson currently gets paid to play basketball.
“I’m having a small party, but really, just my kids (Nahmier, Ny’ale and Navyi) are coming down,” said Robinson, who said he is an unabashed fan of the Seahawks no matter where he works as a point guard. “Even though I’m with the Nuggets, I can’t go against the grain. I’m going with Seattle…
“Pete (Carroll, the Seahawks coach) recruited me when he was the head coach at USC, and I actually gave him a verbal (commitment),” Robinson said. “I’ve been to a couple of practices this past summer, and Coach Carroll said that he’ll have me hoist the ’12th Man’ flag next season.”
If that flag ends up being a NFL champion flag, some Broncos fans are not going to be happy.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10