Jan 27, 2014, 12:23 PM EST
Nate Robinson is all about the 206.
The Seattle native will hype his native city every chance he gets. He is a huge fan of all things Seattle — the Huskies (where he went to college), the Mariners, the Sounders…
And the Seahawks.
Who happen to be playing the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl this week. The city where Robinson currently gets paid to play basketball.
“I’m having a small party, but really, just my kids (Nahmier, Ny’ale and Navyi) are coming down,” said Robinson, who said he is an unabashed fan of the Seahawks no matter where he works as a point guard. “Even though I’m with the Nuggets, I can’t go against the grain. I’m going with Seattle…
“Pete (Carroll, the Seahawks coach) recruited me when he was the head coach at USC, and I actually gave him a verbal (commitment),” Robinson said. “I’ve been to a couple of practices this past summer, and Coach Carroll said that he’ll have me hoist the ’12th Man’ flag next season.”
If that flag ends up being a NFL champion flag, some Broncos fans are not going to be happy.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54