Denver’s Nate Robinson remains a huge Seahawks fan

Jan 27, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT

Denver Nuggets v Golden State Warriors Getty Images

Nate Robinson is all about the 206.

The Seattle native will hype his native city every chance he gets. He is a huge fan of all things Seattle — the Huskies (where he went to college), the Mariners, the Sounders…

And the Seahawks.

Who happen to be playing the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl this week. The city where Robinson currently gets paid to play basketball.

And his stripes are not changing, Robinson told the Denver Post.

“I’m having a small party, but really, just my kids (Nahmier, Ny’ale and Navyi) are coming down,” said Robinson, who said he is an unabashed fan of the Seahawks no matter where he works as a point guard. “Even though I’m with the Nuggets, I can’t go against the grain. I’m going with Seattle…

“Pete (Carroll, the Seahawks coach) recruited me when he was the head coach at USC, and I actually gave him a verbal (commitment),” Robinson said. “I’ve been to a couple of practices this past summer, and Coach Carroll said that he’ll have me hoist the ’12th Man’ flag next season.”

If that flag ends up being a NFL champion flag, some Broncos fans are not going to be happy.

1. nykfanwakemeupin2015 - Jan 27, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Nice names netard

2. pbtunpaidwriter - Jan 27, 2014 at 1:58 PM

He’s a Washington guy, just cuz he plays in Denver doesn’t mean he has to root for the Broncos.

Chances are he’ll be on a different team next year anyway.

• xx1111 - Jan 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM

He signed a 2 year deal for very low $$$$… I could see him and Nuggets working out an extension as he is the perfect backup guard for us….

3. kirbydud22 - Jan 27, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Why is this even news? Like he has to be a Broncos fan only bc he plays for Denver, Im sure as soon as the season ends he bolts Denver. Thats like the newspaper where I work publising an article about me not being a fan of their local football team because I live 45 min away.

• xx1111 - Jan 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM

He cant bolt Denver.. He is under contract next year

• Kurt Helin - Jan 27, 2014 at 6:53 PM

The second year of his deal is a player option, he can leave after this season if he so chooses.

4. antistratfordian - Jan 27, 2014 at 2:58 PM

He’s all about the 206 but he lives in the 425.

• asimonetti88 - Jan 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM

The Shehawks practice facility is in the 425

• antistratfordian - Jan 27, 2014 at 3:48 PM

lol… shehawks… nice.

• jimeejohnson - Jan 27, 2014 at 7:16 PM

For a professional football starved SoCal guy, it is.

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches